The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

High Energy Gas Cylinder, Could use More.

Daecollo

This needs to do a bit more, I think HEGC should add 15% Critical Chance, its our DPS stance and that would put our CC on par with Mercenerys.

Ion Cell gives 15% Shield Chance/5% Damage Reduction, so HEC Should give 15% Critical Chance, 5% Extra Damage.

Edited by Daecollo

HEGC isn't the only thing that needs a workover in AP, that whole tree needs tons of buffs.

Pyrotech is really geared toward crits though, AP is more geared towards raw damage/power. So along those lines, I'd say make HEGC increase internal and elemental damage by 15% talented, rather than the current 8%.

Also double the power of RB's bleed effect, and halve the channel time of a fully buffed Flame Thrower while still keeping it's +50% damage. These are some powerful buffs, but AP would still do way, way less damage than Pyrotech with them. It'd be a nice step towards making AP viable at endgame though.

Edited by Mhak

AP tree is behind Pyro but not for that much, at least on paper, but Bioware doesn't know how to run decent numbers.

Combustible is like 10% total damage for a Pyro build, you can't just put 5% extra internal/elemental dmg as a counterpart, because the logic says is worst, as not all our dmg is internal/elemental.

Probably buffing it to 10% extra internal/elemental dmg, with the 3% extra for the Prototype Cylinders can be enough. Also it has too many filler skills, more than the PvP tree, Pyro, and that doesn't make sense. Stabilized Armor needs to go, and put some dps skill there, like +4% extra crit to elemental skills.

First, AP's damage is woefully behind Pyro's. Not a little behind. Woefully behind. It's been tested and spelled out by me and others in multiple threads here, including controlled testing of both specs in PvE raids. There is absolutely no way you can say the words "AP tree is behind Pyro but not for that much" if you had you the opportunity to test both specs for yourself in a controlled endgame environment.

Second, your logic is flawed when it comes to cylinders. Just because CGC is roughly 10% the damage of Pyro does not mean that HEGC is either supposed to equate to 10% the damage of AP, or that a +10% damage to int/ele damage would = 10% of the damage you'd do as AP. But that's what your semantics imply...confusingly so. You also say you can't just put in an extra 5% int/ele damage, but the 13% (10 + 3 from talents) you recommend would = 5% more than the talented 8% currently has. You contradict yourself.

Regardless, ball carrying seems to be the only thing AP was designed for, and right now it's the only thing it does well compared to the other 2 trees. Pyrotech can do everything AP can do with a slight mobility loss while pumping out tons and tons more sustained and burst damage. That's not fair to AP, and everybody who's played both specs at endgame will agree that AP needs very significant buffs to compete.

Edited by Mhak

Well, sorry that my english isn't that good. I meant 10% base, not 10% talented.

And I'm basing my data on my half-way done spreadsheet, I haven't seen any decent number-based simulations around, if you can point me to one I'll be grateful. And I mean not one that only compares two skills and makes conclusions. Also without combat logs, prejudices and opinions are what you see most when talking about real in-game scenarios.

With tank gear 8/31/2 does 919 DPS, and 8/5/28 964 DPS. Around 5% increase. Is a big number, but not that far away that you need a total overhaul. And 65% of the damage of 8/31/2 is elemental/internal, so a 5% extra damage will close half that gap on theory.

I would like to see a bit more added to HEGC as well. HECG, when specced in AP could cause every attack does X additional energy damage. Perhaps using flame burst or immolate while HEGC is active can cause the target to be more vulnerable to elemental damage. How about RP and RB(intial) used while HEGC is active do elemental damage. Perhaps, prototype flame thrower could be change to buff immolate damage instead and cause FT to be used while moving.