companion upgrade

dougiepants

What is the easiest way to make Khem Val a beast? I'm new to MMO and I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I'm level 17 SI and needing him to finally be stronger... All advice welcome. I'm finding it really hard to upgrade his attachments since hovering over an item only compares to my SI character.

You can enable companion comparative tooltips in the interface options, that'll help. Otherwise, just keep his gear upgraded, most important part.

Would it be best to use Synthweaving, or just use commendation gear to keep him at the top of his game? My Sorc is only level 13 and I chose Synthweaving and the appropriate gather/mission for it and don't want to swap out later. Heal-spec, obviously.

Get him orange gear and use professions and commendations to keep his (and yours) upgraded with the latest mods. Armorings and hilts are 7 apiece, mods and enhancements only 2 apiece (on every planet). Edited by Daellia

Get him orange gear and use professions and commendations to keep his (and yours) upgraded with the latest mods. Armorings and hilts are 7 apiece, mods and enhancements only 2 apiece (on every planet).

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll do that with my other characters and just make them go Biochem because sometimes my healer can't handle it and the extra 40% or so (class and medpac grade depending) can mean the difference between dying and surviving. It'll take longer that way, but it'll ultimately pay off in the end.

What is the easiest way to make Khem Val a beast? I'm new to MMO and I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I'm level 17 SI and needing him to finally be stronger... All advice welcome. I'm finding it really hard to upgrade his attachments since hovering over an item only compares to my SI character.

Which "beast" type do you want?

Tank or DPS?

For Tank: Gear him up in stuff with higher END, Def, and Shield Absorb rates.

For DPS: High STR, Power, and Attack bonus.

Which "beast" type do you want?

Tank or DPS?

For Tank: Gear him up in stuff with higher END, Def, and Shield Absorb rates.

For DPS: High STR, Power, and Attack bonus.

Well, to be perfectly honest, for DPS: use a different companion (Andro works well)