TOR PvP in the News (kotaku)

DralenBrand

See the link here. I've been reading kotaku since b4 TOR was launched. It is disappointing to see things like this on gamer sites before we even have a "formal" response from BW:

Hey everyone, I just wanted to let you know that we are currently working on an official response to these issues and we will be posting it soon. Please understand that these issues require some time to investigate and we are making sure that we provide you all with the most updated information in our official response.

We understand that some of you may be frustrated, but we ask for your patience on this to give us time to respond with thorough developer input.

Thank you to those of you that have been posting constructively in this thread.

We will have a response shortly.

^posted at 3:40pm EST.

Potential subscribers read these sites, as do current ones such as me. As Stephen Reid pointed out here, "...keeping the game in the public eye, meeting and interacting with the community and getting new people interested in the game are also very important to us. After all, I'm sure the majority of us want to see the game survive and prosper for a long time to come. Public events help that to happen - along with marketing initiatives, PR work and a host of other activities."

Like Mr. Reid, I really want to see this game stay around for a long time, but I don't think this sort of PR was what he had in mind. I hope that BW actually gves us that formal response Joveth promised before we begin seeing worse than this in the news. I am seeing WAY too many "lets protest by cancelling our subscription" posts, and this was even mentioend expressly int eh Kotaku article above. Most subsricbers won't follow through on that, but some will.

I hope y'all will give them at least until tomorrow before dropping out - after all, this game was only just launched on 12/20/11. Give BW time to fix these things. Yes, they need to make a formal statement, but I am guessing that there is a reason for the delay and that they will explain it in due time. One thing about BW: they do listen to their community. Just read the dev-tracker. I am concerned about all this too, but lets not threaten cancellation less than a month post-launch over a problem with the first patch. Peace.

Edited by DralenBrand