BH Merc Rotation .... What's yours?

Gueneveve

Nah, its just annoying when you try to help people about how to improve their rotation and DPS and people are thinking the old .8 version when you've already done and tried that and are on the 1.0 version. People will find out for themselves eventually.

Za ....

Check your FORUM Inbox.

Thanks,

G

I'm not trying to be insulting, I just don't simply take people at their word in such situations. I was merely asking for data, a reason why Rail Shot should be done at 3 stacks of Tracer Lock. I'm not entirely sure your math has convinced me, but I'm not exactly a pro at the complicated math. I play my toons using logic instead, so sometimes my logic is flawed because I don't have the math side of things down pat. Sadly without some seriously complicated math, none of us can be sure which way is better without a damage meter to test both ways.

ok think of it this way (numbers are random bc I am at work):

=====================================

1 hit From Rail Shot = 1,500

So, Rail Shot + 30% from buff= 1,950

That is your method, correct? (minus numbers as I said before).

===================

Same Numbers

===================

1 hit from Rail Shot = 1,500

(Rail shot + 18% = 1,770) X2 = 3,540

[2 shots each at 18% buff]

===================

10.5 seconds (yours) = 1,950 (only 1 hit)

12 seconds (Myself) = 3,540 (2 hits)

So in other words its better to do more hits than not.

I hope that helps.

my skill tree Pyrotech just cause I want to be different

single target or strong and regular adjustments made for more using DFA and SB

Tracer missile > Railshot > Unload > railshot if reset >Powershot > railshot if reset > Thermal Detonator adding a Jet boost or a Energy barrier if needed and a Kolto if Mako is slacking and mezzing the regular :)

ok think of it this way (numbers are random bc I am at work):

=====================================

1 hit From Rail Shot = 1,500

So, Rail Shot + 30% from buff= 1,950

That is your method, correct? (minus numbers as I said before).

===================

Same Numbers

===================

1 hit from Rail Shot = 1,500

(Rail shot + 18% = 1,770) X2 = 3,540

[2 shots each at 18% buff]

===================

10.5 seconds (yours) = 1,950 (only 1 hit)

12 seconds (Myself) = 3,540 (2 hits)

So in other words its better to do more hits than not.

I hope that helps.

I don't remember a skill that reduces rail shot by 20% (or 3 seconds) and it has a 15 second cool down. At work though so cant check.

*edit*

ts ts ts = 4.5sec rail instant ts ts ts =4.5 sec ... how are you casting another rail in 4.5 sec? that is sick if you can and i want to know...

*/edit*

Edited by Yazule

I don't remember a skill that reduces rail shot by 20% (or 3 seconds) and it has a 15 second cool down. At work though so cant check.

*edit*

ts ts ts = 4.5sec rail instant ts ts ts =4.5 sec ... how are you casting another rail in 4.5 sec? that is sick if you can and i want to know...

*/edit*

4.5+ 7.5 = 12

4.5 second to get to first Rail

7.5 to get to 2nd through completing Unload (3 second cast) and tm x3 again (4.5) = 7.5

Make sense now?

4.5+ 7.5 = 12

4.5 second to get to first Rail

7.5 to get to 2nd through completing Unload (3 second cast) and tm x3 again (4.5) = 7.5

Make sense now?

well so after your first rail you go unload tm tm for a total of 7.5 seconds after your rail shot, wouldnt it still take 7.5 seconds to get to the 15 second cooldown on rail shot?

I am very confused

rail shot specs

ZaOni, it's not about how much damage Rail Shot does for you, it's about how much damage you do per second with all abilities combined. Firing more Rail Shots doesn't necessarily equate to more dps. My entire argument has been, is it actually better to fire a Rail Shot with 3 stacks of Tracer Lock than just firing another Tracer Missile? That is much much harder to math out because Tracer does things for you like dump heat on crits, and allow Barrage procs.

The thing about instant vs. casting Tracer is Tracer's cast time is 1.5 seconds but so is the global cooldown. The only time an instant gets your more dps is if you have to move and can't Tracer, or if the mob is about to die and you cast an instant at the moment Tracer has finished casting(essentially hitting the mob two times at once). Otherwise the fact that it was instant gains you nothing because after firing it you still have to wait 1.5 secs to do another ability.

The thing about instant vs. casting Tracer is Tracer's cast time is 1.5 seconds but so is the global cooldown. The only time an instant gets your more dps is if you have to move and can't Tracer, or if the mob is about to die and you cast an instant at the moment Tracer has finished casting(essentially hitting the mob two times at once). Otherwise the fact that it was instant gains you nothing because after firing it you still have to wait 1.5 secs to do another ability.

this is my primary use of rail shot tbh to burst

explosive dart/tracer/HS/rail they all hit within a sec of each other if you do them in order and fast... big burst, follow up with unload so they can die while they cry.