Show some respect in PVP

Tater-Dave

First of all I want to say that I am not ones those people that thinks no one should pvp at low levels – I do and I love it. I want more people to do it, love it get good at it and help the republic. I am actually trying to work out a good system for only doing my class quest and enough other for the planet commendations I need for Mods and do the rest through PVP.

But there are some things you should do so that you help contribute as the higher levels help pull you along and earn you credits and gear.

Just because the level 50’s are gone doesn’t mean no one is going to care if we win or get crushed.

1. Level up to 14 not 10

You need to be able to sprint to be competitive. Its bad enough with all the slowing and the stunning when you have sprint. Also there are usually some really necessary spells and skill points at that level. If you start at level 14 or 15 you will have all of your level 20 PVP gear bought and be started on your level 30 weapons and level 40 gear by the time you hit 20 and can use it.

2. Gear Up

a. Empty Slots - Nothing makes me more nuts than inspecting my level 12 teammate that is missing items and I don’t mean relics or implants.

b. Green and low level gear - I understand you need to earn gear but you can gear up from level 11 to 14 by running the Essels and have all blue gear for your level. You will be making plenty of credits in PVP to buy missing items at the GTN.

c. Order of gear – Great you saved 330 warzone commendation and bought a cool new lightsaber that added 2 endurance but you still don’t have implants or an earpiece that would give you 20 endurance 15 of your skill and 9 power a piece for the same amount of comms – insert headslap here

d. Relics – I see serious players with good gear missing relics – they cost less than 2k credits at the light or darkside vendor. Again the essels is your friend here – I wasn’t lightside enough on my trooper so I ran through it at light speed twice and answered the questions all nicey nice – it might make you wanna throw up a little but it was effective.

e. Past level 20 with no PVP gear – what are you doing with the comms – they cap at 1000 you don’t need merc comms yet ??????

3. Be prepared to die

You are going to die a lot!!! You are low level. Don’t try to hide or run away. Get in there do as much damage as you can, die, repeat. You can be smart and attack someone already fighting a high level player and hopefully you will get some more shots in but someone is going to notice you and kill you for the fun of it get used to it.

4. If its going to be a slaughter bow out

If there are more than 2 or 3 level 20 and under you are gonna get crushed. If its bad the high levels are going to leave. As soon as I get in I check all the levels if there are too many 20 and under I leave and give them a shot at a high level player. There is no leaving penalty and it only takes a minute to get another group. I don’t know how the level 50’s being gone will effect this though.

I have a level 20 Commando Trooper that consistently earns 4 medals in PVP and winds up in the top middle of the pack and that’s against the geared up “overpowered” level 50’s (they are level 50 and spend all their time doing it they should be better at it) and a level 30 something that does even better (usually). Yes I die a lot and lose a lot, but you still get decent credits and commendations and I get great gear out of it without having to spend credits and good experience for when I am level 50 and all geared up.

PVP is a great way to earn credits, good gear, and hard to find gear like implants and earpieces and most people don’t mind helping out but since it is a group thing and people are helping you earn that stuff show some respect and put some effort in.

My thoughts, tell me if I’m crazy or missing anything….

1. Sprint is not a make or break. Depending on your class you want to be the last on entering the fray (especially ranged) that way you are not the focus target of the group. In huttball it is hard to even get sprint because combat normally constantly happening.

2. Gear really doesn't matter much because of how much your stats are bolster. A level 10-20 with empty slots is not much if any worst off then one with full slots. The amount of stats the gear provides is trivial.

3. Applies to everyone. Everyone is going to die alot because everyone will have around the same hp.

4. That is your assumption. I have been in games that are majority lowbies and they were the most efficient games I had and had games with 50s and we got slaughtered.

My level 12 smuggler use to constantly be in the top 3 on my side and had some of lowest deaths. Why? Because I played the class smart. A lowbie range who supports the melee is a million times better then a higher level range with thinks they should rush in.

The problem is not the lowbies it is the players who think they should be able to take anything instead of working as a group.

1. Sprint is not a make or break. Depending on your class you want to be the last on entering the fray (especially ranged) that way you are not the focus target of the group. In huttball it is hard to even get sprint because combat normally constantly happening.

2. Gear really doesn't matter much because of how much your stats are bolster. A level 10-20 with empty slots is not much if any worst off then one with full slots. The amount of stats the gear provides is trivial.

3. Applies to everyone. Everyone is going to die alot because everyone will have around the same hp.

4. That is your assumption. I have been in games that are majority lowbies and they were the most efficient games I had and had games with 50s and we got slaughtered.

My level 12 smuggler use to constantly be in the top 3 on my side and had some of lowest deaths. Why? Because I played the class smart. A lowbie range who supports the melee is a million times better then a higher level range with thinks they should rush in.

The problem is not the lowbies it is the players who think they should be able to take anything instead of working as a group.

I respectfully disagree with your points other than people should work as a team.

Your points suggest that gear and stats (aim willpower whatever) and speed do not matter. if that were true no one would be working for good gear and no one would spam that slow the opponent spell.

I can kind of see your point if you were talking only one piece of equipment but we are talking two implants an earpiece and headgear and low level green gear on 4 items that would add up to about 100 to 120 aim willpower whatever multiplied by whatever factor they are using to get you to level 50. - That can be huge. If you want to spot me 100 willpower with the same health - I'm not that good but I think I'll win

Better gear = better - it wont do any good with a bad player that wont team up I agree but your points just don't make sense to me.

The big point im making is put forth effort if you are grouping - which is really the same thing you are saying - when you group with people listen and put forth effort - dont just show up - say thanks for the credits but why dont i ever win and other people are overpowered.