Question about Telek vs Balance

Sandhawk

I'm running a Shadow currently and wanted to try out the Sage on a new toon. I read where everyone says Balance/Telek hybrid is the way to go for dps, with Balance being the primary tree......can someone explain it to me? Why is that? is there some magic bullet that you just can't be competetive without it in the balance tree?

I just don't WANT to do balance...sigh, but will if it gives me the best chance to get through the content.

You do not have to be Balance. 31 points into telekinetics is perfectly viable at all stages of the game.

the 13/28 hybrid you're hearing about is the current "cookie cutter" spec. This is because it it theorized to be the best dps spec by about 4-10%. It basically maximizes the damage your dots do while giving you access to instant telekinetic waves. It does indeed do a lot of damage, however it can suffer from severe force management issues. I'm currently in the process of testing this spec's viability for endgame content.

Thank you both. I did indeed read the "handbook" end to end. It didn't really refrence that Balance was better than Telek in any way as a primary tree.

If it's just a min/max theory craft thing, then I think I can live with just going Telek. I can switch to Balance if I have to later for raiding.

Thanks again.

You do not have to be Balance. 31 points into telekinetics is perfectly viable at all stages of the game.

the 13/28 hybrid you're hearing about is the current "cookie cutter" spec. This is because it it theorized to be the best dps spec by about 4-10%. It basically maximizes the damage your dots do while giving you access to instant telekinetic waves. It does indeed do a lot of damage, however it can suffer from severe force management issues. I'm currently in the process of testing this spec's viability for endgame content.

I'm currently lvl 47. I've been levelling toward the 0/13/28 build, and I have never had "force management issues." I suppose things could change when I hit 50, but my force pool never gets low unless I'm being forced to main heal in a heroic which is not what I'm spec'd for.

As stated above, 0/13/28 only runs into issues on Annihilation Droid. Every other boss has breaks in your DPS phase which allow you to regen enough force to continue. What I don't like about running TK is that I end most fights with 90%+ force.. Which leads me to believe I am wasting points on the plethora of talents to help maintain force.

Face rolled through ev LAST NIGHT without any issues on a 20-21 build.

Edited by Lugh