So this patch is very telling about the future of SWTOR

Doki

Did you just use that broken *** English to call someone out?

I'll tell you what kind of expert I am. I'm an expert that has been playing and beta testing MMO's for 15 years. I'm also a person who knows the 30 years history of MMO's. I'm also a person who know's first hand and through research the systems and mechanics that successful MMO's field as well as the failed and horrible mechanics others have used.

30 years or history to work with. 15 years of commercial success and failures to learn from and still companies produce the same broken and I say 100% predictably fail systems into their games.

So, what do you have for us YourFutureEx. I'm guessing nothing.

Hooray, you have played video games for a very long time, that does not make you a programmer or coder. Just because you have experienced the consumer side of those game does not make you an expert on the design side.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think world pvp only works in a game designed specifically for it. Take EvE for example, the biggest player driven western mmo in existence, it has no pve, pvp, rp servers... it only has one gigantic server with up to 500.000 players playing the game at the same time, in the same non instanced game world.

Thats how to make world pvp work, make it so that everyone is constantly "bumping" into each other while they compete for the same resources, the pvp will happen naturally as a result.

In SW:TOR we will never have anything like that, thats why world pvp will never work.

You are incorrect abotu eve, the most they have ever had on the server was 63170. Of those players i would hazard 85 percent of them were in PVP safe zones guarded by concord. There are at last statement 500k eve accounts and something like 250k unique players.

I think world pvp only works in a game designed specifically for it. Take EvE for example, the biggest player driven western mmo in existence, it has no pve, pvp, rp servers... it only has one gigantic server with up to 500.000 players playing the game at the same time, in the same non instanced game world.

Thats how to make world pvp work, make it so that everyone is constantly "bumping" into each other while they compete for the same resources, the pvp will happen naturally as a result.

In SW:TOR we will never have anything like that, thats why world pvp will never work.

Dark Fall made it work it has the best pvp ive ever seen but the game is to hard for most people so it didnt make it to far in all honesty prob my fav mmo ever i would resub if not for the lack of players

You are all so Pathetic, PvP worlds can never be controlled as the players choose the fate, even if they make higher NPC defenses or try to fix the IMPS camping in bases that won't change anything. they can't stop people from camping or grouping up. This is always the fate of PvP worlds, and this is how it would have turned out in real.

SO BASICLY..... if you don't like this THEN DON'T PICK A PvP server, everyone whining is Pathetic and dumb, the PvE servers are made for PPL like you that cries when this stuff happens. If ur not up for a challenge then GET OVER TO PvE NOW.

i'm actually very pleased with this game, sure there are some unbalances that needs to get fixed, but OMG this game is new and just aired not long ago.

*Sights* -----> Pathetic ^^

Do you really think they will spend money to support this game with everybody leaving... they aren't gonna lose money willingly..

So ... AGAIN, you "PvP guys" think you're the all singing & dancing crap of this world.

I see where the big heads are ... they're all on the PvP side of the game -_-

Too bad, if I was BioWare, I'd tell you to go **** yourself specially when I stated this game was going to be way much more about PvE and its story than your beloved PvP.

Wanted to PvP ?! Be competitive ?!

Why didn't you stay in WoW ... they actually gave you all that but uh... wait, it doesn't have lightsabers right ?! Too bad, just deal with what you've got instead of whining about what you don't or can't have.

Thx, Bye!

You are incorrect abotu eve, the most they have ever had on the server was 63170. Of those players i would hazard 85 percent of them were in PVP safe zones guarded by concord. There are at last statement 500k eve accounts and something like 250k unique players.

This.

EVE's developers have been catering to the carebears as much as any other game's by buffing the NPC space protection/rewards to the point where there is literally no reason to leave the "Safe zones" to risk your butt out in PvP areas.

Also, there's so many multiboxers with alts in that game that it's more appropriate to take the number of active subscriptions and divide it by three to get the actual number of players.