What I don't understand.

Edgedy

Bioware has a server for testing, they also have their own testers. Did they really think this new system was an improvement? Already we've got people farming valor to 100. Which is just going to mess up the next set of PVP gear put into place.

It is an unwritten rule of MMO development - you never, ever, EVER learn from the mistakes other companies made before you. EVER. As soon as someone suggests that this was done by company X and backfired, everyone in the room whips out their ritualistic daggers and the poor soul gets eviscerated on the spot.

All they had to do was LISTEN to the fans, who ONLY spend most of their lives playing MMOs. I mean, I'm in my 30s and have only been playing games since pre-ZX Spectrum days. So what do I know? It's not like I've seen every mistake possible under the sun, right?

I've seen UO implement Trammel. I've seen WoW implement Resilience. I've seen Darkfall and Mortal...get released...which was enough. I've seen EVE developers high-fiving eachother and pissing away an opportunity of a lifetime. You name it, I've seen it.

And now it's Bioware's turn. Instead of looking at what was done RIGHT and what was done WRONG, they once again go back to square 1 and try to invent a wheel. One that's been invented and perfected in decades before them.