The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Servers Need to be Shut Down NOW

madmarttigann

If the thing is true about the turrets, it's a terrible idea. Possibly the worst idea in Ilum to date. Why on Earth would you make the things right next to a spawn point give valor and create a a huge incentive to camp the spawn?

I seriously hope there wasn't some guy at BioWare going - You know what? Lets make the turrets worth valor. I don't see how this could go wrong.

So, messing up world PVP on one planet = destroying a game?

Interesting.

I agree, it's a huge blunder, but there's a whole lot of people that could care less about PvP in general, let alone world pvp on ilum.

I wouldn't say it destroys the entire game. That's a bit extreme. However, this is truly disappointing for the pvp crowd, especially those of us who were really anticipating some kind of meaningful open world pvp. As it stands, it's a huge blow to that aspect of them game.

Edited by Amp_

hmm, I'm only lvl40 and at work right now so don't know what it's like in game...but if it's really as bad as everyone's making it out to be, I have to wonder, shouldn't this kind of stuff be caught on the public test server? Edited by Xtrema

hmm, I'm only lvl40 and at work right now so don't know what it's like in game...but if it's really as bad as everyone's making it out to be, I have to wonder, shouldn't this kind of stuff be caught on the public test server?

The problem is that there is no character copy available for the PTS. So if someone wants to test end game content, they're going to have to level a character over there just for that purpose.

Shut down the servers and fix this now.

you are ruining the base for what so many players play the game for.

i aint lvl 60 yet but i was almost 50. and i was grinding for 65 and upwards and that is for not now.

but hey. if you really wanna go down this road and you wont fix this then we shall see what happens to the game wont we ?

I went ahead and unsubscribed. If they remedy this appropriately I will resubscribe and I said this in my cancellation. That's really the best way to make sure it happens. And, if it doesn't happen, then I see that this is not a game that I want to be a part of.

Agreed, if this doesn't get fixed Very very soon, then I really dont see any reason to bother keep playing this game. If this is how they handle massive exploits/bugs like this..then I wont keep any faith in them.