Well BioWare, you legitimately made PvP worse

pawestman

I didn't think this was even possible at this point in the game. Clearly you weren't thinking when you changed Ilum. This would have been an amazing change IF you would have listened to your player base. Many warned you about the HUGE imbalances that almost all the PvP servers have. Now what you have on your hands is a zone where Imperials get to farm non-stop valor.

So what does this do for the Republic? Well since the previous dailies were one of the few ways we could get gear, you have basically made the gear disparity worse. Empire already had dozens of higher geared 50s, and if you don't temporarily close Ilum, they'll all be Battlemasters in a couple days. They're farming about 150 valor every minute by killing those Republic turrets.

At this point, many Republic players can do one of two things (aside from quitting):

1) They can give PvP up altogether since they can no longer keep up with the Empire.

2) They can roll Empire and make the disparity worse.

As much as I love this game, this change has really discouraged me from playing. I was one of the few people actually trying to balance out the servers by playing Republic. Now I know why everyone decided to do the opposite. You better react fast BioWare. You are walking on thin ice now.

Empire already had dozens of higher geared 50s, and if you don't temporarily close Ilum, they'll all be Battlemasters in a couple days. They're farming about 150 valor every minute by killing those Republic turrets.

You get valor for killing the turrents?? Wow........

Yup, a couple Empire were saying they got 50-60 Valor in a few hours.

50-60 valor in a few hours is a completely horrible gain.

Unless you mean rank in which case this patch is a great success...

Edited by Akerlyn

50-60 valor in a few hours is a completely horrible gain.

Unless you mean rank in which case this patch is a great success...

Yes, I meant rank. People are still out there farming it like nothing. If they don't do a rollback, then they probably killed PvP altogether.

Yup, a couple Empire were saying they got 50-60 Valor in a few hours. At this point, the only way to fix PvP is to revert ALL the valor people got to today.

Can you imagine the uproar from all the "leet" people if they did though? :eek:

Personally I'm sitting here and I don't know whether to laugh, cry or just shake my head in pure wonder.

HOW in heaven't name could they mess up THIS much?! No matter than they do now, it's be a huge cryfest. Revert and rollback? Huge cryfest and cancellations. Leave as is, huge cryfest and cancellations.

The billing cycle is TOMORROW! The timing...god...it couldn't POSSIBLY be any worse. I mean, I've seen developers shoot themselves in the foot before in a spectacular fashion, but this is just epic.

Can you imagine the uproar from all the "leet" people if they did though? :eek:

Personally I'm sitting here and I don't know whether to laugh, cry or just shake my head in pure wonder.

HOW in heaven't name could they mess up THIS much?! No matter than they do now, it's be a huge cryfest. Revert and rollback? Huge cryfest and cancellations. Leave as is, huge cryfest and cancellations.

The billing cycle is TOMORROW! The timing...god...it couldn't POSSIBLY be any worse. I mean, I've seen developers shoot themselves in the foot before in a spectacular fashion, but this is just epic.

They better have a trick up their sleeve. This might be the biggest subscription loss for a new game if they don't think of something productive.

Yup, a couple Empire were saying they got 50-60 Valor in a few hours. At this point, the only way to fix PvP is to revert ALL the valor people got to today.

Im a Imp with 56 valor I worked hard to get it I fully support a reset. Its an exploit it needs to be fixed with a hot patch drop the servers FIX THE PROBLEM!

Im a Imp with 56 valor I worked hard to get it I fully support a reset. Its an exploit it needs to be fixed with a hot patch drop the servers FIX THE PROBLEM!

It will be interesting to see what happens if they don't roll the servers back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.