The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyro PVE DPS

natrol

It's pretty much use rail shot whenever it procs, use rocket punch when it's off cool down (but use it after you fire off rail shot if both are available at the same time) then pretty much rotate between flame burst and rapid shots. Occasionally you can just try and spam Flame burst while your vent heat is available to see if you get additional rail shot procs.

You also have to make sure a dot is on the target as well, if it's necessary fire off your missile.

Some people like to weave in unload in there, but honestly I never felt the need to.

Also don't be afraid to ask for guard from your tank...

Edited by Dharagada

The best advice I can give is to not underestimate Rapid Shots. Use it often. If you know that you have a chain of tech abilities coming up (ie: RP, TD, Flamethrower) and you're getting close to 40Heat, use 1 or 2 Rapid Shot cycles to bring you're heat down.

Then proceed with the burst, just think of those free Railshot procs as bonuses in keeping your heat down, but don't start basing your "rotation" around it or you'll be gambling.

Incendiary Missile > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch > Flame Burst > Unload > Rapid shots if over 40-50 heat.

Keep Incendiary Missile up as much as you can without clipping the DOT.

this is your spec

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hMhZMcZfhrbzGhMc.1

Thermal Detonator is useless in any sustained DPS situation, I wouldn't even use it in PVP honestly. Just keep trying to proc Rail shot.

Edited by Eroex