What's the deal? Am I missing something

Ojas

I have several pieces of pvp gear.

Expertise 438.

I am concealment operative.

Obviously I stomp the lowbies that queue. 6-7k crits.

Ungeared 50's also get stomped.

However, there is something wrong with geared sorcs/sages.

They constantly crit me for 4k with giant rocks or w/e the sorc equivalent is.

These geared players just tear through me, despite the fact that I am geared.

HOWEVER, me as a pure dps class, can't hit these geared sorcs/sages with their light armor for more than ~ 2k with a hiddenstrikes crit. Even with surge relics.

What is the deal.

What am I missing. Why can geared sorcs/sages stomp anybody regardless of their gear level.

I have several pieces of pvp gear.

Expertise 438.

I am concealment operative.

Obviously I stomp the lowbies that queue. 6-7k crits.

Ungeared 50's also get stomped.

However, there is something wrong with geared sorcs/sages.

They constantly crit me for 4k with giant rocks or w/e the sorc equivalent is.

These geared players just tear through me, despite the fact that I am geared.

HOWEVER, me as a pure dps class, can't hit these geared sorcs/sages with their light armor for more than ~ 2k with a hiddenstrikes crit. Even with surge relics.

What is the deal.

What am I missing. Why can geared sorcs/sages stomp anybody regardless of their gear level.

ur op stop crying you *****

If a ranged dps catches you out of stealth from 30 yards with no readily available LOS you should lose. It's called counters.

Also you aren't a pure dps class you're a healer hybrid with arguably the best offspec heals in the game.

The biggest thing is their shield/bubble. It absorbs a ton of damage especially ruins an opener if the shield is up. I honestly wait until right when the buff drops off to open on them. Pop evasion once they come up since thats when they will usually start pelting ya. And interrupt any spells.

They are both a brutal class to kill since they can put out so much damage so fast vs us. Just gotta be able to react fast with interrupts and try to pump out more damage and force them to play defensively.

Maybe try another spec...

There is a pretty sad road of fairly useless talents on the way to acid blades.

I don't want to be accused of heresy here; but if you play on a server where your games are versus 5 and 6 sorcerer teams, then acid blades is not an optimal spec.

Try this for a few games

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#401MffMzhZMIr0dzZhr.1

In exchange for giving up only acid blades you get:

1. A stackable hot that generates TacAdv's while you do NOTHING AT ALL.

2. 100% of heals triggering TacAdv WITH 70% pushback resistence.

3. 50% MOAR STUNZ!

4. 10% to received healing.

This is a lacerate spam spec. You may lose some oomph from your lacerate, but when you can lacerate ALL DAY LONG EVEN IF YOU NEVER LAND A KILLING BLOW, then you will have more damage in the end.

An added bonus is that there is far less drawback to being out of stealth.

Be careful though!

If you play a spec like this then you might accidentally offer utility to your team.

What will happen once you realize that spamming hots on the ball handler allows you to lacerate bad guys MOAR ?!?! you may become an asset.

Edited by Parrk

I don't want to be accused of heresy here; but if you play on a server where your games are versus 5 and 6 sorcerer teams, then acid blades is not an optimal spec.

Try this for a few games

3. 50% MOAR STUNZ!

This is a lacerate spam spec. You may lose some oomph from your lacerate, but when you can lacerate ALL DAY LONG EVEN IF YOU NEVER LAND A KILLING BLOW, then you will have more damage in the end.

Be careful though!

If you play a spec like this then you might accidentally offer utility to your team.

What will happen once you realize that spamming hots on the ball handler allows you to lacerate bad guys MOAR ?!?! you may become an asset.

I agree, why spec deep in a tree to be good at something when you can spread your points out everywhere and s*ck at everything?

1. You don't need it.

2. Can have this and AB...

3. You don't need it.

4. If that 10% healing is the difference between you living or dying then you're doing something wrong.

Using that spec you'll be like a level 27 healer and level 25 dps.

Edited by Stepsson

I agree, why spec deep in a tree to be good at something when you can spread your points out everywhere and s*ck at everything?

1. You don't need it.

2. Can have this and AB...

3. You don't need it.

4. If that 10% healing is the difference between you living or dying then you're doing something wrong.

You are right of course.

It makes tremendously more sense to kill one weak or injured target and then either die or waste half a minute trying to regain stealth.

The only time where killing a single person can make a difference is when you are solo-defending a cannon. every other instance of every available warzone is a cluster**** whereby you gain advantage simply by remaining alive.

But at least you can brag about that sweet ambush you got between losses.

You are right of course.

It makes tremendously more sense to kill one weak or injured target and then either die or waste half a minute trying to regain stealth.

The only time where killing a single person can make a difference is when you are solo-defending a cannon. every other instance of every available warzone is a cluster**** whereby you gain advantage simply by remaining alive.

But at least you can brag about that sweet ambush you got between losses.

Hmm, my input was on your suggestions for a concealment op to go half-a*s into medic. I go full medic myself so it doesn't really apply.

Hmm, my input was on your suggestions for a concealment op to go half-a*s into medic. I go full medic myself so it doesn't really apply.

I should edit my reply to make it look like I didn't overreact after misreading your reply!

But instead I think I'll jsut say OOPS! My bad.

Try this for a few games

3. 50% MOAR STUNZ!

This is a very interesting spec to me. You lose that 30% crit oomph, you lose acid blade, but you gain an awful lot of survivability and utility.

I think a basic "BOOM" spec would still be the best for Puggers, but something like what he's listing could go a long way in competitive or premade vs premade combat. No good team is going to let you pick off injured sages, so you're basically a wasted slot on a team with glass cannon spec, now that consumable stacking is gone.

Acid Blades is kind of a REALLY BIG DEAL though. 50% ArPen and no-gcd 2000'ish (noncrit) damage off the GCD...

Edited by Xenthum