some wise words needed

Keellz

There are people that do very well with engineering but its less popular than lethality or marks. Lethality has the most mobile dmg of all the specs why its the most popular PvP spec. Marks has strong burst and then a very strong sustained dps.

An engineer has strong burst but then doesn't have as strong sustained dps. Where the engineer does shine though is his massive aoe capability and the fact that it is the most tanky of the specs. Therefore it really depends on what role you are playing on your team, but engineering can be good. I'm sure plenty of republic scum have screamed their frustration at trying to gang up on an engineer sniper and not being able to take him down as fast as expected which led to their deaths. I personally am enjoying engi, and have found that in earlier levels it was doing very well in terms of not leaving me as energy starved.

I levelled to 50 using Engineering. It is great at low levels with Frag Grenade spamming and explosive probe. At around level 31 it falls behind. Lethality and Marksmanship gets their 'bread and butter' damage ability with Cull and Followthrough, while Engineering gets EMP Blast. It resets your shield probe and Adrenaline probe, but deals almost no damage. You almost never run out of energy and will survive longer, however your big damage only comes every 30 seconds. Plasma probe's utility is situational. The trade off in damage for utility and defense is not worth it right now.

EMP probe needs a bit more 'omph', like draining energy/force/resolve of opponent when it goes off. As it stands, the Engineering tree is a bit lacking.

The Engineering tree is very energy-efficient, so it offers very good sustained DPS once we get some of our higher-tier skills (Electrified Railgun and Plasma Probe, in particular).

While Explosive Probe plus Series of Shots offers good short-term burst, many of the heavy-hitting Engineering abilities are DoTs and/or are throttled by moderate cooldowns, so the potential to dump extra energy for extra burst is relatively limited.

EMP Discharge is a bit of a strange ability for the Engineering tree. Because of the many energy-efficient abilities, it can be challenging to dip low enough in energy to actually make full use of an Adrenaline Probe every minute. The best use I can find is to allow recovery from regular use of Orbital Strike, which is more powerful for Engineering than it is for any other sniper spec.

Edited by Tibbel

Try reading the talent tree o:

No faq page is going to give me advice like a real person who has experienced it. Which is whqt i was asking for. Read the op :o

Ps thank you all for the replies I'm going to stick with marks, it seems more my style.

I play an engineering sniper. In warzones/pvp when i go head to head with a lethality or MM specced sniper, i always win. I survive the operative initial stun/strikes and can kill him in 90% of the situations. The survivability of engineer tree is heads above that of mm or lethality. The area deniability is better for pvp warzones like turrets or doors. If surrounded by enemies, i can turtle up, drop shield, entrench, orb strike and plasma on top of me and just kill enemies while the ae's do the rest to everyone else. I never have problems with energy either. No issues with tanks, sometimes a healer but if i time my distraction right, i can burn them down pretty well. That bout sums it up.

No faq page is going to give me advice like a real person who has experienced it. Which is whqt i was asking for. Read the op :o

Ps thank you all for the replies I'm going to stick with marks, it seems more my style.

No advice from a person will help you like experience will. Try looking at it and getting what you think is right, based on your experiences. Building a template is fun.