Dark / Light side attunement

Koberius

So I've been giving the Marauder a tryout, so far I'm enjoying it. I decided to be Dark side straight from the off but when I looked at the Dark vendor in Fleet I couldn't see any Armor that I could use. Am I just not seeing it or is there another reason to carry on collecting dark side points?

Also, one thing that has been bugging me: what does Surge and Alacrity do?

Any help is appreciated.

There's some other threads about this, but yeah, currently the Dark/Light side vendors have no medium armor. It is indeed infuriating. :confused:

Hopefully the 20 threads complaining about Marauder armor will get some attention. >_>

Would love to see a dev post acknowledge the problem.

Alacrity increases your character haste. Which means you can cast/attack faster and your global is shortened.

Surge increase critical strike damage.

Your definition of alacrity is wrong. Alacrity quickens channeled or casted abilities, and the GCD with respect to them. However, if you use an instant ability, for example Vicious Slash, the GCD will still be 1.5 seconds. Therefore, Marauders will generally stay away from alacrity as a major stat because we only have two channeled abilities.

Your definition of alacrity is wrong. Alacrity quickens channeled or casted abilities, and the GCD with respect to them. However, if you use an instant ability, for example Vicious Slash, the GCD will still be 1.5 seconds. Therefore, Marauders will generally stay away from alacrity as a major stat because we only have two channeled abilities.

This.

Also, the gear from the Dark/Light vendors is ****. Just PvP.