Anyone else feel weaker as they level?

AJediKnight

Obviously, this is a post about sensation. I'm not going to toss numbers or gear at you, although I will say that I am absolutely dedicated to keeping me-and-my-primary-companion's gear up to snuff, and I upgrade it with mods every time I complete zone. Having said that, at 37, Jugg is starting to feel really... weak.

I've primarily played warrior/tank classes in other MMOs, and have never encountered a phenomenon this pronounced before. LotRO's guards and WoW's warriors also each caught a bit of a case of the 'mid level blues,' but what is happening to my Jugg is just unbelievable. With each passing level, I feel equivalently weaker -- almost like I'm accruing negative stats, or leveling in reverse. Packs of non-strong mobs that should be relatively easy are no longer so, a point that is made even more glaring when I see a nearby assassin, sorc or operative tear through them like he/she was still level 10.

To be honest, this is killing the appeal of the class for me. I want to reach the cap, but those last 13 levels are starting to look like the face of Mount Everest, particularly when I have dipped a toe into both Assassin and Sniper via alts and found their playstyles marvelously enjoyable.

Does this situation get any better? Is it all in my head? I simply do not feel 'strong' anymore, and that's a real problem as a tank.

I am in the same boat as you and arriving at hoth things are not going so smoothly.

I used to demolish a pack of strongs with my eyes closed now im struggling to kill 2 strongs.

I also have a friend who is sorceror seeing the same thing.

Honestly if the Sorc is feeling it you should too..

I just think towards the end game grouping becomes more of a this is faster than soloing.

So get a friend to run through the last levels if you want to breeze to 50.

But yea the content is getting harder..

I havent even needed to use jolt yet but I am planning to now the stuff is much harder to kill...

Obviously, this is a post about sensation. I'm not going to toss numbers or gear at you, although I will say that I am absolutely dedicated to keeping me-and-my-primary-companion's gear up to snuff, and I upgrade it with mods every time I complete zone. Having said that, at 37, Jugg is starting to feel really... weak.

I've primarily played warrior/tank classes in other MMOs, and have never encountered a phenomenon this pronounced before. LotRO's guards and WoW's warriors also each caught a bit of a case of the 'mid level blues,' but what is happening to my Jugg is just unbelievable. With each passing level, I feel equivalently weaker -- almost like I'm accruing negative stats, or leveling in reverse. Packs of non-strong mobs that should be relatively easy are no longer so, a point that is made even more glaring when I see a nearby assassin, sorc or operative tear through them like he/she was still level 10.

To be honest, this is killing the appeal of the class for me. I want to reach the cap, but those last 13 levels are starting to look like the face of Mount Everest, particularly when I have dipped a toe into both Assassin and Sniper via alts and found their playstyles marvelously enjoyable.

Does this situation get any better? Is it all in my head? I simply do not feel 'strong' anymore, and that's a real problem as a tank.

Not at all, enemies just became stronger, but if you always will be little bit stronger then your enemies all will be fine, I recommend you to do more flashpoints and group quests, till you get +2 levels over your class quest, this really fast thing to do, then you will have absolutely no problem with doing your zone quests. What build, gear and companion are you using?

For fast killing I recommend Jaesa, all enemies die really fast, I dress her in all orange with blue/purple mods and enhancements not a single green outdated mod or implant (easy if you have cybertech or synthweaving crew skill), for some combats with though Elites I occasionally summon Quin, who geared little bit worse, but not much. I level in Immortal build, and have no regrets, DPS trees not so nice for that, maybe hybrid builds can be good at leveling to, didn't try it yet.

I have same filings when lvling up my powertech in AP tree, my mistake was that I'm trying to do main quest line tossing aside bonus and heroic ones, and my build was not so good to, zone mobs and quests was +1/+3 lvl for me, that was till that moment when I realized that "Doing green quests is much easier to do!!!" :D, I spend some time running flashpoints and heroics, lvlupped several times and change build to shieldtech, after that all become smooth and easy.

Edited by Urukkhan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.