The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Best Spec for below 50 PvP?

Zuesy

Hi so im level 36 at the moment and want to use the Carolina Parakeet build at level 50. So at the moment im dishing out the pyrotech spec as ive been told you shouldnt use the above build before level 48. Is this the best way to go for pvp and levelling pre 50? Thanks for any advice. My spec at level 36 is here: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhrbzb.1

Shield tech is pretty good PvE. Your damage is worse, but you have ridiculous survivability. I have soloed many heroic areas with Mako when I couldn't find people to group with.

I have been Shield tech the entire time and have been leveling pretty quickly. I plan to tank at end game anyways, so might as well get the practice in now.

A DPS spec might be slightly faster, I don't know. But ST seems to do decent DPS for the solo PvE content, especially with a companion DPS around.

He said PvP...

I would build Carolina Parakeet going 21 points into Shield Tech first for JET CHARGE and remaining points building up in Pyro.

6 out of 10 of your warzones will be Huttball.

Having both the JET CHARGE and grapple in Huttball makes you a god. I wouldn't trade it for any other spec to be honest. You can single handedly affect the outcome of many scored/unscored points.

For the other 2 warzones, it's about surviving at your "flag" anyway so Shield Tech is still the way to go imo.

Edited by Boomwiki

He said PvP...

I would build Carolina Parakeet going 21 points into Shield Tech first for JET CHARGE and remaining points building up in Pyro.

6 out of 10 of your warzones will be Huttball.

Having both the JET CHARGE and grapple in Huttball makes you a god. I wouldn't trade it for any other spec to be honest. You can single handedly affect the outcome of many scored/unscored points.

For the other 2 warzones, it's about surviving at your "flag" anyway so Shield Tech is still the way to go imo.