Marauder Help

AlanHunter

I am playing a Marauder and I have just dinged 30. I am trying to find some advice on what skill tree to use for PVE and also thoughts on an attack rotation. I have tried several combination on the attack sequence but I have not mastered it yet. Please post any build suggestions and your attack sequence as far as abilities go, thanks...Robar

Annihilation is the easiest tree to level with.

You get a good DPS and self healing through berserk.

Here is the build i'd recommend: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRMcGzZhGb.1

Anni Marauders have no Rotation, but a "Priority" system, but if you want a "opening", here is what i do:

Charge -> Deadly Saber while still in the air -> Battering Assault -> Vicious Slash (Replace with Annihilate) / Force Scream -> Rapture -> Proceed to beat the other mobs, build up your bleeds.

If needed use Berserk to get better self heals.

Also use Malavai Quinn as a companion!

Annihilation is the easiest tree to level with.

You get a good DPS and self healing through berserk.

Here is the build i'd recommend: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#100bIbRrRMcGzZhGb.1

Anni Marauders have no Rotation, but a "Priority" system, but if you want a "opening", here is what i do:

Charge -> Deadly Saber while still in the air -> Battering Assault -> Vicious Slash (Replace with Annihilate) / Force Scream -> Rapture -> Proceed to beat the other mobs, build up your bleeds.

If needed use Berserk to get better self heals.

Also use Malavai Quinn as a companion!

What he said. Annihilation all the way!

I'm leveling up using Carnage...I like it a lot and it's deady in PVE(haven't pvp'ed with it yet). Nice spike damage, but you have to manage rage quite a bit and if you're not on top of your game you'll end up standing there getting beat on for a bit waiting on CD's. Edited by Buckwiild

Ok, this is good to know. I am just starting out, have a lvl 12 Marauder. I am finding them to be a little difficult. They have a lot of abilities, a few of which only work in certain situations. Retaliate and Berserk come to mind. How does one make macros in SWTOR?

Also, one of my main questions was that I do not like red lightsabers and I need to know if playing a "neutral" Sith has any drawbacks. But I find that my role-play style often has me making some dark side decisions, then some light side decisions. As such, I have not achieved rank 1 in either light or dark side. Is this a viable role play or will I be left out in the cold on gear that is only available to those who have a high light or dark side ranking. I like this as I can make whatever color light saber I want, but I'm wondering if I'm screwing myself out of better gear by not picking light or dark and playing the character that way. Any advice?

Also, Also, what is the best marauder leveling spec, one that works for both solo and team play? Not interested in PvP at the moment.

Edited by otterscrubber