bw cant wait and see what is going to happen

the player base has to be forced to roll anything but sith at this point

or this game is going to be dead for every one in 6 months if not faster

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHA! I can't stop laughing. I really hope you were joking about this. It's called, DEALING WITH IT.

So when the server becomes balanced, all those Republic players now have the upper hand? Is that what you are trying to get at? Think before making requests like that.

Well until then, you have the upper hand. But you already know that you clown....

Why not just make a quest line that allows players to defect.

In swg you were allowed to switch sides. This helped with pvp imbalance.. whether you loved it or you hated it, it helped.

I'd personally have no problem with this as long as there were some restrictions in place... i.e. you can't switch more than once every 6 months... or whatever.

They could easily fix the population imbalance. All they have to do is:

1) Increase character slots per server - I have one of each AC of Empire on the server I'm on, I can't roll Republic even if I wanted to without deleting a level 30+ Empire char, and that's just not happening.

2) Increase the rate of all XP gain for underdog faction by 500%.

3) Free set of orange gear every 10 levels.

That is all. They do this? I'm off to play Republic.

This is the stupidist **** i have ever heard in my life. your trying to fix an imbalance problem and you telling me the fix is to buff republic characters with 5x the xp, a 5 free sets of gear and extra space on your login screen cause your to stupid to realize the limit before you spamed characters on your server. Your basically saying "the only way people will go republic is if i can do 1/5th the work and never have to worry about gear"

this isent a fix its breaking the game

Let me guess if 2 5 year olds couldent balance on a tetertoter you would fix the problem by mounting a rhyno on the other side of the fat kid right?

Vanity is the only way to balance the game without taking it to a sledge hammer, this means faction only free server transfers, this means special vanity items only avaliable for one side over the other, Maybe even the occasional faction only quest event that gets people intrested.

these do not break games or make unfair advantages over other factions, they are simply there to be enjoyed. Wow probably made hundreads of thousands of dollars selling a mount made of a string of christmas lights (celestial steed). That had no advantage in game and people BOUGHT it. this dose work.

The imbalance is really not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

1. There is no incentive to hold Ilum. After a week or two the rep wont have much trouble capping when imps give up trying to find something to do in the zone, and/or node trading will probably just start up again, with players letting themselves be killed to reach the kill quota.

Rep guilds will also group up to get everyone their daily done whenever they want because Ilum will usually be imp controlled. Imps will have a harder time finding times they can cap (if there is no kill/node trading).

2. The additional WZ choices and shorter ques will always attract PVPer's to republic, even if they add an additional same faction WZ.

3. You only need 8/16 people to PVE, only people hurt are those without a guild or more casual players who do not have the time to find a 5 man group.

4. The economy does not matter at the moment, everything is commendation based, there is nothing I can think I would even want or need to buy off the GTM.

In the end, the more hardcore PVP's will be pushed to rep, the more casual (and I do not use that term negatively, I just mean people with less free time) and solo players will go IMP. Active Rep PVP and PVE will not be effected.

This is my argument against the doom and gloom posts in this thread. It is not an endorsement one way or the other, just a summing up of the facts and a rebuttal to the idea imbalance is a game breaking problem for SWTOR.

Edited by Pokeytehpenguin

The imbalance is really not as big a deal as everyone is making it out to be.

1. There is no incentive to hold Ilum. After a week or two the rep wont have much trouble capping when imps give up trying to find something to do in the zone, and/or node trading will probably just start up again, with players letting themselves be killed to reach the kill quota.

2. The additional WZ choices and shorter ques will always attract PVPer's to republic, even if they ad an additional same faction WZ.

Bioware is working towards making the Empire pvp experience even more enjoyable by adding more same-faction warzones. They are doing nothing for the republic side.

3. You only need 8/16 people to PVE, only people hurt are those without a guild or more casual players who do not have the time to find a 5 man group.

Because clearly everyone is looking to do the exact same mission at the same time. And what about heroics?

4. The economy does not matter at the moment, everything is commendation based, there is nothing I can think I would even want or need to buy off the GTM.

Wow. Can't say much but that you're totally wrong. The economy is crucial for a lot of players and crafting skills, and the crappy GTN and the dead republic faction economy is one of the reasons craftable gear isn't saught after.

Edited by Auxili

..ok? This does nothing to refute my argument

Bioware is working towards making the Empire pvp experience even more enjoyable by adding more same-faction warzones. They are doing nothing for the republic side.

They are adding 1 same faction warzone, they are doing this because at the moment the WZ PVP experience is much better for republic, just ask any imp. It still will be after they add it. I do not see the problem.

Because clearly everyone is looking to do the exact same mission at the same time. And what about heroics?

I already stated that more casual players looking for 5 mans, including heroics, will have a better time on imp, I guess we agree here, not sure what your trying to say if that is not the case.

Wow. Can't say much but that you're totally wrong. The economy is crucial for a lot of players and crafting skills, and the crappy GTN and the dead republic faction economy is one of the reasons craftable gear isn't saught after.

Craftable gear is not sought after because it is worthless, as thousands of other people have already pointed out.

They are adding 1 same faction warzone, they are doing this because at the moment the WZ PVP experience is much better for republic, just ask any imp. It still will be after they add it. I do not see the problem.

Yeah, 6 v 8 WZs are really fun on the Republic side during off-peak hours. :rolleyes:

Edited by Auxili

Yeah, 6 v 8 WZs are really fun on the Republic side during off-peak hours. :rolleyes:

I know this problem does exist, however it has much more to do with people not accepting que than server imbalance, it should be noted I have had my fair share of WZ's where I outnumber imp for the same reason.

I also play on Vulkar Highway, FYI.

It's all about incentives- xp bonuses, valor bonuses will both give players incentive to play the other side.

Add to that an incentive to do Ilum- for example, all the Republic players who have no interest in pvp will never go there- add in an operation that the winner gets and voila- raiders want to do it...

I would not even consider swapping factions for higher rewards for republic.

You want people to roll republic ?

Announce the following.

Armor for the Jedi Classes will be revamped so it doesnt look like ****.

XP has been increased from quests by 30% level 1-30.

That pretty much would do it for me.

Id be swapping soon as i got home if that went into effect.

I dont care about how fast i get gear at 50..

I dont want to grind grind grind to be 50 again... Yet i want to see my new classes storyline.. but be able to skip some side quests and level faster.

Wow, did not realize the imp get massive valor for killing the turrets in rep base.

This makes my entire argument invalid, in fact its such a huge blunder on BW part that I am actually admitting, on the internet, that my argument was wrong.

If they don't fix this asap this IS GAME BREAKING, and I will prob cancel.