The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thinking about trying vanguard, test commando

Draksen

Hello there

I have a small experience with commando, I like the gameplay, but how is vanguard, when you play it full dps in pvp?

Is it also about dealing damage with grenades and blaster, or more tactical?

Can it be as good as commando all in all in term of dps, and survivability I guess it is, right?

Really I have no idea of how the gameplay is, is it mobile, static?

Thanks for your advices :)

Hello there

I have a small experience with commando, I like the gameplay, but how is vanguard, when you play it full dps in pvp?

Is it also about dealing damage with grenades and blaster, or more tactical?

Can it be as good as commando all in all in term of dps, and survivability I guess it is, right?

Really I have no idea of how the gameplay is, is it mobile, static?

Thanks for your advices :)

Vanguard seems like it has much more spike compared to Commando. From what I've noticed when playing with other Commandos is that I'm able to do huge initial spikes in damage, and then my damage trails off until my skill cooldowns are finished and I can spike again. Commandos on the other hand seem to be able to put out continuous steady dps.

Vanguard is way more mobile compared to Commando, the only skill you have that you have to stand still for are Pulse Cannon and Mortar Volley (the 2 aoe skills). For the most part you want to be inside of 10m range to be able to Ion Pulse, but you can still sit back at 30m and do damage (lower) if needed.

-Level 50 Rank 45 Assault Vanguard