Ok, heres the thing

MarkusAtticus

This is pulled from systemrequirementslab.com

CPU

Minimum: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0 GHz or better

You Have: Intel® Core i3-2100 CPU @ 3.10GHz

PASS Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

CPU Speed

Minimum: Info

You Have: 3.1 GHz

RAM

Minimum: Windows XP: 1.5 GB, Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB, PCs using a built-in graphic chipset: 2 GB

You Have: 4.5 GB

PASS

OS

Minimum: Windows XP, Vista, 7

You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

PASS Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

Video Card

Minimum: 256 MB of on-board RAM and Shader model 3.0 or better support (ATI Radeon X1800 or better, NVIDIA GeForce 7800 or better, Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better).

You Have: Intel® HD Graphics Family

PASS Click here for the latest Video drivers.

features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card

Required

You Have

Video RAM

256 MB

1.3 GB

Pixel Shader version

Vertex Shader version

With all that, how come i only get 10 FPS, when im on the highest res, but everything low

But when i switch to lowest res, i get 20-60 fps... the game is playable, but doesnt look great

Do i really have to shell out £130 on a new graphics card?

The i3 is a weak processor, and onboard graphics are almost always a joke for modern gaming.

Shell out for a cheap video card (GTX 550TI or something like that), your system is not even close to a gaming rig, but throwing a high end video card won't solve all your problems since you're going to be CPU bottlenecking.

*EDIT -- it's worth noting that a discrete graphics card of decent quality (read: not an entry level card) will give you a significant boost in performance if you want to turn any eye candy on and run at any resolution above 800x600 or w/e the games minimum screen resolution is.

Edited by Battyone

Looks like you're using the Integrated solution on the i3-2100.

All you really need is a discrete GPU. Take a look at the HD 6670 and HD 6770.

Make sure your PSU is at least 450W and has a 6-pin adapter for the 6770 if you go that route.

6670 is ~$80

6770 is ~$110

I don't know how these prices will translate into euros.

If you want to play computer games that looks sharp and run well you'll pretty much have to fork over a little money for a proper graphics card, there isn't a whole lot more to it than that.

The i3 is a weak processor, and onboard graphics are almost always a joke for modern gaming.

Shell out for a cheap video card (GTX 550TI or something like that), your system is not even close to a gaming rig, but throwing a high end video card won't solve all your problems since you're going to be CPU bottlenecking.

*EDIT -- it's worth noting that a discrete graphics card of decent quality (read: not an entry level card) will give you a significant boost in performance if you want to turn any eye candy on and run at any resolution above 800x600 or w/e the games minimum screen resolution is.

Sandy Bridge gaming comparison

What were you saying about the i3-2100?

He just needs a GPU, the i3-2100 is a very beefy budget CPU.

Edited by Sprigum

If you only have 256mb dedicated graphics memory and 1.3gb RAM graphics memory, that is the problem.

The two things are very different.

You really need dedicated graphics ram. My system used up to 1 gb loaded into gfx card memory on high settings. Only 256 would be loaded into your card and the rest would sit in RAM and have to be transfered via RAM bus then Gcard bus, which is a bottleneck.

I can watch the usage because I have a G15 keyboard with a display running Afterburner.

Unless someone has a better idea.

Im not to bothered about it looking AMAZING. i just want it to run smooth on max res, everything on low i dont mind (30 fps or more would suit me fine)

Im not to bothered about it looking AMAZING. i just want it to run smooth on max res, everything on low i dont mind (30 fps or more would suit me fine)

I run SLI 550's i got for next to free (Upgrade from my 1xGTX260) and the game runs amazingly. The game doesn't scale too well for SLI so I assume a single 550 would run this game well and a 560 would be overkill.

I played beta with the 260 and it ran fine then as well.

Edited by Battyone

Looks like you're using the Integrated solution on the i3-2100.

All you really need is a discrete GPU. Take a look at the HD 6670 and HD 6770.

Make sure your PSU is at least 450W and has a 6-pin adapter for the 6770 if you go that route.

6670 is ~$80

6770 is ~$110

I don't know how these prices will translate into euros.

If you want to play computer games that looks sharp and run well you'll pretty much have to fork over a little money for a proper graphics card, there isn't a whole lot more to it than that.

Sandy Bridge gaming comparison

What were you saying about the i3-2100?

He just needs a GPU, the i3-2100 is a very beefy budget CPU.

I like those prices, what manufacturer are those items matE?

I would probably buy one if i knew it would solve my problems

It would immensely... I have an old Q6600 processor, everything to max, no lag, its awesome. But my video card does most of the heavy lifting, GTX 560 TI... 300, but worth every penny. The bottle neck on my CPU isn't even noticeable.

I like those prices, what manufacturer are those items matE?

Those are AMD/ATI cards. I am not sure but you sound like you're from the UK so amazon.co.uk for local pricing. There is no "Newegg" for the UK but I hear ebuyer.com is a good source for those on that side of the pond. Just search for cards based on those chipsets.

You honestly think you are going to get any level of performance from the integrated ATI HD graphics?

Not going to happen, you would be better off forking out $49 for a low-end card, at least that is dedicated.

Your problem is your integrated graphics, period.

I would probably buy one if i knew it would solve my problems

It will, I am assuming you know very little about PC's? that's ok I guess.

Here, try one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102948

Its enough to get you by for a while.

Now if I was you, and you are seriously planning on gaming I would get a proper PSU and a 7970.

I prefer XFX but they are sold out so,

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103201

and a nice 750W PSU.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139021

It would immensely... I have an old Q6600 processor, everything to max, no lag, its awesome. But my video card does most of the heavy lifting, GTX 560 TI... 300, but worth every penny. The bottle neck on my CPU isn't even noticeable.

Same here, that core is so underrated! she's a tough nut to crack.

No, those lower end cards are generally crap. For ATI model numbers (I don't run ATI so correct me if I am wrong) its nYYY where N = series YYY = model. E.G. Series 6 model 450. Either way that's an extremely low end card and will not net you much improvement waste of 40 quid.

ATI Intel HD Mobile GFX is just a joke. And if they have 76457654GB RAM on it its just a bad GPU on it.

on 1680x1050 i would atleast say you buy a Nvidia not smaller than 560/570 and no noname supercheap product plz buy a good card with good cooling on it.

than you should be able to play it all on max settings.

for FullHD i dont know what you need to play on max settings sry

No, those lower end cards are generally crap. For ATI model numbers (I don't run ATI so correct me if I am wrong) its nYYY where N = series YYY = model. E.G. Series 6 model 450. Either way that's an extremely low end card and will not net you much improvement waste of 40 quid.

http://www.ebuyer.com/290511-xfx-hd-6670-1gb-ddr3-dvi-vga-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-hd-667x-zhf2

how about that one?

You'll see some improvment, but I'd still suggest saving up for a bit and getting something in the (GBP)100-125 range. For an example of the performance gap in these cards look @ the FPS chart on this page: http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6670-review/3 and you'll see huge leaps on the same rig going up the rungs.

http://www.ebuyer.com/287103-evga-gtx-550ti-superclocked-1gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-pci-e-graphics-card-01g-p3-1557-kr double the price more than double the performance, look @ the rest of the charts/graphs on the other pages of that review as well. I know it's a bit pricey, but honestly it's worth every penny to not go cheap here.

Edited by Battyone

Yes, yes you do. Your system really meets minimum requirements and as someone else said, the onboard processing for the i3 is weak. An i7 would've gotten you 25+ fps on high res with everything on low.

But it's too late for that now, unfortunately. So, you can get an actual graphics card, and that's about it.

If you can even get it into your system, since I believe I read "mobile" in there somewhere...

Edited by pocketthesaurus