Failure should happen quicker.

AngelousWang

If a mission is going to fail, it should fail quicker.

I get that they want failure for credit sinks ext ... but it shouldn't just waist the players time making them wait for nothing.

If a mission is going to fail the companions should come back in like 30 seconds and report failure, rather than waiting the entire mission length to come back.

If a mission is going to fail, it should fail quicker.

I get that they want failure for credit sinks ext ... but it shouldn't just waist the players time making them wait for nothing.

If a mission is going to fail the companions should come back in like 30 seconds and report failure, rather than waiting the entire mission length to come back.

30 seconds? across the board? that's a little extreme of a change when you consider many endgame missions are half hour or more.

I understand, you want to change it because it's an inconvenience to you. but that's the point, it's supposed to be annoying. it's supposed to be a gamble, time and money.

i wouldn't object to a change in the players favor, (though not nearly to the extent you're talking) but im ok with it the way it is

I think its a good idea, but I would say half the time versus the the 5 seconds. Plus I believe you can still skill up with failures? This would allow people to speed level their mission skills if they just kept Q'ing and hoping for 5 second failures... which you would get with your ship robot pretty much half the time.

It's supposed to be a gamble if your skill and affection aren't maxed.

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why a companion with maxed affection and a profession-specific bonus should fail a mission at 400 skill. There is no logic in it, since you've already put in the time to max your profession and there is nothing you can do to increase your skill.

This, and other similarly annoying things (like the "you already know this schematic" message) are the wrong kind of carrot.