The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

High Threat?

Lightsabeer

So I have 2 taunts but do we have "high threat abilities?" What abilities generate the most threat? For instance flame sweep seems to be a high threat ability simply because I can keep mobs on me while other party members aoe the same area. I do want to know what distance ability is best for threat incase my taunt is down for instance maybe unload?

Thanks!

:sy_bountyhunter:

Unload likely won't be that move becuase its channeled and you're likely having ppl beat on you so should a taunt fail grapple or jet charge will likely be your best bets and in the order. You have to remember if its a non elite beating on a dps its not really that critical you get aggro back as long as you can keep the hard hitting elites on you. From what I've read in other posts seems rocket punch is our highest threat attack then rail shot / flamethrower.

Only grapple is considered a 'high threat' ability. None of our other abilites (aside from the taunts, of course) generate additional threat beyond the damage they deal.

We get a 50% threat boost from damage dealt when using ion gas cylinder, however. Rather than rely on abilities that have additional static threat values associated with them, we rely on dealing damage to generate threat.

Grapple is the only ability I see that specifically indicates high threat. Ion Gas Cylinder explains why you are able to hold aggro with Flame Sweep as well.

Regarding ranged threat - if you are physically unable to close the distance with your target Unload, Rail Shot, Explosive Dart, Missile Blast, and Rapid Shots would be your primary tools.

Thanks for the replies. I have no problem holding aggro on my targets and I try to save my taunts for my healers that get threat from their heals. That being said I have some DPS in my groups that pry deserve to die for not assisting but I do my best to keep everyone safe as possible. I will reserve grapple for DPS attempting to off tank in future battles..

Thanks again!

:sy_bountyhunter: