Sab/SS Slinger skill tree specific questions

EclatDeGivre

Hey Guys !

I am planning on trying an hybrid build for PvP purposes. Thus I have a few questions about a few skills (Arsonist, black market equipment, Dealer discount fi). Please do not spam "this or that build is better" or "Hybrid suck" as I am willing to explore and try stuff on my own. Any reply should at least include something answering directly to one of my questions.

The point of it is about maximizing the bleeding effects on Fighting spirit and still reaching sabotage for an extremely mobile playstyle. Cover will still be used for sabotage charge, or charged burst when I need some little burst (sabotage charge will always be used on cd though). My apology for not being able to post a link to the build i am most likely to take but you'll still be able to answer my few questions ;)

Most of the playstyle revolves around vital shot, sharpnel, thermal grenade, shock charge and sabotage. On top of that the energy income is maximized to spam thermal grenade/vital shot.

Of course the few build I have been considering make me squishy, with low burst. But slingers being most of the time limited by energy, I am willing to try some build that according to me would be the most energy generating.

Thus I have some questions certain skills.

• Can anyone have the confirmation that Arsonist and Independant Anarchy do not influence Sharpnel? I did read that apparently during the beta it did not seem to work.

• Is Shock charge considered as periodic effect for black market equipment?

• Is Dealer discount worth it's investment? I mean 4% of 20 is quite low for thermal Grenade and saboteur's charge... is it worth to spend 2 skill points for -1 energy cost?

• Do you think Wounding shot would be more interesting or less interesting than Sabotage? (I think sabotage would be better because of the cool head cd reset but maybe I'm wrong)

Please remember that I do not plan on getting the last tier from any skill tree. I will do a 21/20 or 20/21. Thank you for any constructive remark/comment and sorry for my poor english.

Edited by EclatDeGivre

Up ! No other info?

Yeah cool head is very nice and with sabotage it's double cool head for a nice little burst =)

However with fighting spirit, it gives a 1min cd per cool head (actually it's the sabotage cd) but a 1'30 cd for double cool head which is even nicer.

Anyone reading this post and having elements to one of my question please share =)

I think your trying to do something similar to what i have switched to since sharpshooter is gimped. 18 points in Saboteur and 21 in Dirty fighting. It seems to me the two seem to work together fairly well. The aeo damage seems to work on the Shrap Bomb as well as the crit. Going these 2 trees gives you alot of instant abillities and tech damage. Area of effect dots and when needed single target bust damage. Can be a little harse on the energy but seems there might be a problem with Fighting spirit for the extra energy. I have noticed im only getting 2 contingency charges going off even though i have the extra point in Insurrection.

Hope this help...

Is Dealer discount worth it's investment? I mean 4% of 20 is quite low for thermal Grenade and saboteur's charge... is it worth to spend 2 skill points for -1 energy cost?

You are misreading Dealer's Discount. It is a fixed energy cost reduction for Sabotage Charge, Shock Charge, and Incendiary Grenade (Not Thermal Grenade!). With two points in this talent, those three abilities will cost 16 energy each instead of 20.