Lightsabers - My Opinion on Changes

Alohen

I play a Jedi Guardian, and at the End game now, In my guild I regularly group with two sages and a sentinel, and both sages use the Light Blue Color Crystal for the Champion Crystal ( They look pretty decent ) I use the Magenta Crystal through my own crafting, and The Sentinel uses Dual wield Black-Blue Color Crystals in his lightsabers. I'd like to go back to the level 20-30 days where it was Green/Blue/Yellow Sabesr.. Its annoying because a lot of the bad looking Crystals have the best stats like;

Magenta +33 Stats

Black Blue for the Rakata / Battlemaster...

I think what they should do is, What the force unleashed 1st game did, have it so pre 50 colors are all available and the blade looks the same.

then maybe the Columi Crystal/s (that can be chosen) has an "Unstable Blue Crystal" for good stats maybe +33-35,

and gives a static aura glow that comes off it.

then perhaps the Rakata Crystals (that can be chosen) can have the "Energized or Compressed Green Crystal" or whatever its called, where the Blade has a pulse go from the base to the top every few seconds.

This gives people the option to keep their colors to their suiting but with Good stats! and perhaps some unique differences. I'm using Magenta at the moment because of the +33 Endurance.. but it looks a bit.. shoddy.

Its not a game breaking issue for sure.. but this would be a good thing to implement.

Edited by Alohen

Weapons should have an additional customization slot, 1 for your gem which has the stats and gives the colour linked to that gem, and then an additional slot for a colour gem which will override the stat gem for colour but offer nothing more than a cosmetic change. This way you don't end up with cookie cutter players where everybody of the same class/spec is using the same colour.

Weapons should have an additional customization slot, 1 for your gem which has the stats and gives the colour linked to that gem, and then an additional slot for a colour gem which will override the stat gem for colour but offer nothing more than a cosmetic change. This way you don't end up with cookie cutter players where everybody of the same class/spec is using the same colour.

Well, have you noticed if you take the color crystal out of a weapon, and then equip the weapon, it fires the same color of the weapon you got it with; e.g

I get a Green lightsaber, and put a Blue Crystal in it, it has a Blue beam, I take the Blue Crystal out and it has Color Crystal: None - The Blade turns back to Green.. they CAN do that, make a Cosmetic color slot.. so why dont they? Lazy

Edited by Alohen

of course you think your idea is the right way to go about it.....

Well, what do you think? You've not shown your own opinion on the actual topic, just on me. I'm wanting to see what others think of the original topic. Not how I'm pictured by people who just want to pick holes in things I see.

One solution for all your needs:

Statless color crystals.

But as it's doubtful this would happen:

I'm all for having superb green/yellow/orange/etc. crystals in PvP gear.

Not just cyan+black-blue (or for Empire: purple + black-red)

it's wrong.

Exactly.. get this Black rubbish removed cause its just ridiculous.

Statless would be ok.. but It wont happen. *sigh*

I think stats should be removed from colour crystals like other said, except for really rare/special ones like heart of the guardian / mantle of the force.

Add a power slot so crystal that add only stats can be added and some of these should be alignment locked not the colours. And the alignment locked should add bonus' to things like force choke/lightning - push/quake etc.

I think stats should be removed from colour crystals like other said, except for really rare/special ones like heart of the guardian / mantle of the force.

Add a power slot so crystal that add only stats can be added and some of these should be alignment locked not the colours. And the alignment locked should add bonus' to things like force choke/lightning - push/quake etc.

Good suggestion, I like.

I don't agree with blue and green crystals for darkside/sith. I play a sith and the red is the color that are true to the movies. Its confusing to see sith playing with green and blue lightsabers. Now if they implement a fall feature where you can turn from Sith to a jedi then sure have your green and blue's or vice versa.

I wish there was more variety in the stats of the crystals. Add different elemental damage or so like the Barab Ore crystal from kotor which added like 6-16 fire damage or the Firkrann which added extra damage to droids. I understand if I is in an minority but I think it is boring with only raised endurance or crit damage etc.

It could make more diversity and variation to each force wielder. Or for instance the blasters and rifles.