Is it me, or...

Albarion

Am I underpowered? I just hit level 33 on my Commando, and am suffering from a variety of problems.

When specced AS:

A) In PvP, I keep getting 4 shot by people who are either at or beneath my level. I DoT 'em up, unload some CD's and run like hell, but to no avail.

B) My DoT's, though fun, don't seem to do jack sh#@ to my opponents. I can't tell you how many times I've stared at my screen as an enemy loses NO HEALTH whatsoever to, what I consider to be, one of my core abilities.

When specced Gunn:

A) Love this spec, but Grav Round is a boring rotation, and the lack of mobility drives me up the wall. In PvP it seems like I can't even get off two stacks before I'm CC'd/Pushed/Pulled/Strangled/Getting my skull bashed in.

B) Once again, squishy as hell.

Any tips?

- Alb

TL;DR How can I survive in PvP?

Edited by Albarion
Creative Spelling

short answer; its you. at lvl 33 you have such a huge disadvantage that you can't expect to mess with 50's. it's a really bad design that you get matched with those.

lvl 50 have the gear (with expertise bonus)+relics+consumables, the skills and the talents that you dont have.

More key binds needed. I find pvp very balanced.

good point. i currently have 28 skills on keybinds which i use frequently and it makes a huge difference and it's necessary to start doing this very early on, so that it goes over into your reflexes and you dont have to think about what your doing before reacting. this doesnt work if you click the icon. needless to say its faster aswell.

True story on the binds, I was a clicker in WoW and always hated pvp for the most part, I made a big effort to keybind and mouseturn in this game and I enjoy PvP and am a lot more effective at it now.

That said i'm still not very good, even with keybinds fat stupid fingers are still fat and stupid :p

You are not squishy as hell, don't even talk about squishy when you have no comparison. Wanna know what squishy feels like, try sentinell: a melee class with no cc, no very good escape, medium armor and no heals.

You on the other hand are a ranged class that can achieve 55+% dmg reduction (with your 2 min cd), and you can heal, this does not qualify as squishy man. Not to mention you have a lot of health and you can get up to +10% healing done to yourself with talents.

So short answer the problem is you, just cause the class is called commando doesn't mean you can rush in the middle of the battle mindlessly and expect to survive, no class can, positionning is the key. Also, heals, you are allowed to use them you know :)

Edited by Demorase