Lame Space Combat because of Licensing?

WyvernX

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the shooter on rail is a sleeping pill at the moment, but it's probably just a matter of time and money. The only thing that scares me about the on-rails thing is that it hints at that BioWare actually believes in that style of play. But there are already plenty of threads on the subject.

I'm fine with free-flight and interesting space missions not being in the game at launch -- I just hope it's coming.

If LA is going to release a worthy sequel of X-Wing and Tie-Fighter, I'd be the first in line.

Disagree the last sentence because you'd have to beat me out for that first in line spot. Sadly, I think this thread is merely another example of unconfirmed rumor and speculation rampant throughout the internet.

Bioware couldn't focus on space flight too much in this game. Then people might spend time doing that instead of the end-game gear grind.

Heaven forbid people have activities they actually enjoy doing instead of standing around in front of the ironforge bank goo gooing over the raiders' shoulder pads in a subscription based game.

development time and money? you do know this game probably had a longer development time than any other mmo right? hehe...

that's is what space combat SHOULD BE in this game at a bare minimum... to not do at the very least get that type of space implemented could be considered irresponsible... space combat in this game is worse than a game that came out in June of 2003...

God I miss that space combat/game *sniff*. I would have played that game until they shut the servers down if they didn't screw it up with the suicide blow upgrade they did. To top it off I went back a year after the NGE to check it out and someone hacked my account while i was gone (byebye Mellinium Falcon, Jedi Starfighter, Rares from 3 years of play, houses emptied) and SOE blamed me for it and wouldn't do a thing about it so would have been no point to start over.

I for one would wish for the SWG JTL expansion for this game. It would round out what was STAR WARS......full fledged space combat mixed with epic ground battles. Cool thing about JTL was that it was completely optional which left the ground purists to travel with the original means from the launch title and it filled the needs of the people that enjoyed the space combat battles that made the movies. If they made it an optional expansion like SWG that went side by side with the current system of travel/rails space missions then it would satisfy both camps of this issue and honestly wouldn't be that hard to implement just like it was for SWG.

God I miss that space combat/game *sniff*. I would have played that game until they shut the servers down if they didn't screw it up with the suicide blow upgrade they did. To top it off I went back a year after the NGE to check it out and someone hacked my account while i was gone (byebye Mellinium Falcon, Jedi Starfighter, Rares from 3 years of play, houses emptied) and SOE blamed me for it and wouldn't do a thing about it so would have been no point to start over.

I for one would wish for the SWG JTL expansion for this game. It would round out what was STAR WARS......full fledged space combat mixed with epic ground battles. Cool thing about JTL was that it was completely optional which left the ground purists to travel with the original means from the launch title and it filled the needs of the people that enjoyed the space combat battles that made the movies. If they made it an optional expansion like SWG that went side by side with the current system of travel/rails space missions then it would satisfy both camps of this issue and honestly wouldn't be that hard to implement just like it was for SWG.

They outta hire the SWG JTL team leader ;)

and yes, space combat in this game, compared to other games (particularly in the same licensing franchise) is lame... its not an opinion, the only reason you wouldnt realize it is if you werent exposed to space combat in any of the other SW games...