Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Reverse Engineering - Character Level

xanderstrom

I don't think it affects anything, I'm level 36 and have failed so many times at reverse engineering my blue level 21 implants. Just 2 successes out of 50 attempts. That's with 400 biochem.

It seems to be just a random number, and an unknown item difficulty. Because some things are a lot easier than others, like my healthpacks and adrenals never take more than 10 tries to get them to purple even at item level 32.

I would only continue to reverse engineer that item if you've got a ton of them that aren't selling, or you can reverse engineer it into something better than anything else on the market and you could make a good profit.

Can anyone confirm if my character level affects my reverse engineering?

With a lvl 10 char and 400 Armortech I've been Reversing a level 49 crafted green belt.

Around 20 belts with no success so far.

It basically seems like Armor skills are just really, really bad at RE'ing. I've gotten all the purple level 49 mods/enhancements/armoring I wanted on my Artificer and Cybertech in about 5 RE's, each, whereas with Synth I've yet to get a single piece of Veracity.

Also, it's possible to learn a new recipe on an RE, but "already know it," resulting in nothing. I've seen quite a few "You already know this schematic" when RE'ing items, because I knew one particular variant of it.

At 50 I've RE'd the level 47 (I think) Green Vibroknife over 30 times and haven't gotten an improved version of it. I have however seen it crafted with great success like 12 times.

Don't knives, like scatterguns, have no better RE upgrades?

Can anyone confirm if my character level affects my reverse engineering?

With a lvl 10 char and 400 Armortech I've been Reversing a level 49 crafted green belt.

Around 20 belts with no success so far.

As far as I know your level doesn't affect anything. However, the higher level the item, the harder it is to crit the RE and get a schematic. So the lvl 49 items are really really hard to get a schematic from. Just keep crossing those fingers.

At 50 I've RE'd the level 47 (I think) Green Vibroknife over 30 times and haven't gotten an improved version of it. I have however seen it crafted with great success like 12 times.

There is nothing more after green in case of vibroknifes, scatterguns etc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.