Results are in

Codename_Quincy

aside from the normal reasons of gear and level, i have found another major factor in the 1 sided beat down the imps hand us in the republic so often. heroes. we have way too many heroes on the republic side.

we need all the jedi to quit doing that gd peter pan leap into a pile of imps. srsly *** are you thinking ? you gonna kill them all ? (this goes for pve too. don't fairy leap way out of heal range and cry cuz you died). do you assume you're so gd cool everyone is watching you and dying to get your back ? well no. you are not.

then there's the basic kamikaze ppl. go running into un-winable odds knowing they are alone. *** are you doin ?

then we have the numb-skulls who get kited away from points and cry about heals. i stay at the point to heal. not trying to get ninja's out of my point. odds are i worked for it.

the imps roll in a zerg smashing all you lil heroes so just stop. don't cry that you 'coulda won 1v1 but there were 4 of them'. find someone moderately competent on your team and stick with them.

Ok first PvP post I felt I should reply to.

Fact, Republic players seem to be less skilled in the ways of PvP you are correct people go in when they shouldn't, people go off fighting in Huttball instead of helping with the ball, people go to a turret alone to take it because "I'm level 13 and I'm really good!" when there is a level 50 stood guarding it getting bored wondering when the next idiot will try kill him and then the people who go "what do you mean I'm meant to protect the doors?" yes the Repbulic do have these idiots and we have more than I've ever seen in any game.

That being said I have seen some pretty stupid Imps running around, I had 2 level 20 whatevers try and take me on (being a level 50 sentinel Focus spec) which kind of made me sigh a little, I knew the lacked the damage to hurt me and the CC to lock me down I also knew my AoE damage would drop them in 2 charges which with my CDs would take me less that 10 seconds...

Good Pvpers suffer to the less skilled PvPers the only thing to remember is that although shouting at them and screaming a torent of swear words MIGHT make you feel better it will in no way help your team win, firstly you are too busy screaming to pay attention thus you are no longer helping so instead of your team being down by 1 or 2 players it's now down by 2 or 3 depending.

Next time stop and think, explain to them what they're doing wrong and offer to help them, why you ask they don't care enough to actually think what to do and they obviously don't know what a forum is or the magic of google "PvP help on SWtOR" so you must teach them!

Now as for us HEROS diving in Firstly if a tank has put guard on me for the sake of their medals I have to take damage and a lot of it, secondly I am specced correctly so they wont drop me in seconds and thirdly I dive into fights that have started I don't start them and finally if I use my AoE nuke which deals roughly 4k damage PER target round me if there are 8 people round me I've just dished out 32k damage! Do you really think I'm going to pass that up? With the bonus damage that leap did and my force exhaution and 1 normal attack? Man we're looking at a possible 35-38k damage in a bust of 9 seconds imagain if 3 of us all did that! WOAH thats like LOADS of dead Imps!

Ok, you do get morons who go YAY 4 Imps and I'm alone I can totally take them on! "**** CHEATING HACKING NOOBS HOW DID YOU KILL ME IM LEAVING / GOING AFK" and yes we have those 12 year olds, next time you see Jedi dive in FOLLOW THEM and help instead of being uptight and not helping cause lets be honest if that idiot dies you're down a player and are probably going to die too.

Sorry about the rants folks.

Ok first PvP post I felt I should reply to.

Fact, Republic players seem to be less skilled in the ways of PvP you are correct people go in when they shouldn't, people go off fighting in Huttball instead of helping with the ball, people go to a turret alone to take it because "I'm level 13 and I'm really good!" when there is a level 50 stood guarding it getting bored wondering when the next idiot will try kill him and then the people who go "what do you mean I'm meant to protect the doors?" yes the Repbulic do have these idiots and we have more than I've ever seen in any game.

That being said I have seen some pretty stupid Imps running around, I had 2 level 20 whatevers try and take me on (being a level 50 sentinel Focus spec) which kind of made me sigh a little, I knew the lacked the damage to hurt me and the CC to lock me down I also knew my AoE damage would drop them in 2 charges which with my CDs would take me less that 10 seconds...

Good Pvpers suffer to the less skilled PvPers the only thing to remember is that although shouting at them and screaming a torent of swear words MIGHT make you feel better it will in no way help your team win, firstly you are too busy screaming to pay attention thus you are no longer helping so instead of your team being down by 1 or 2 players it's now down by 2 or 3 depending.

Next time stop and think, explain to them what they're doing wrong and offer to help them, why you ask they don't care enough to actually think what to do and they obviously don't know what a forum is or the magic of google "PvP help on SWtOR" so you must teach them!

Now as for us HEROS diving in Firstly if a tank has put guard on me for the sake of their medals I have to take damage and a lot of it, secondly I am specced correctly so they wont drop me in seconds and thirdly I dive into fights that have started I don't start them and finally if I use my AoE nuke which deals roughly 4k damage PER target round me if there are 8 people round me I've just dished out 32k damage! Do you really think I'm going to pass that up? With the bonus damage that leap did and my force exhaution and 1 normal attack? Man we're looking at a possible 35-38k damage in a bust of 9 seconds imagain if 3 of us all did that! WOAH thats like LOADS of dead Imps!

Ok, you do get morons who go YAY 4 Imps and I'm alone I can totally take them on! "**** CHEATING HACKING NOOBS HOW DID YOU KILL ME IM LEAVING / GOING AFK" and yes we have those 12 year olds, next time you see Jedi dive in FOLLOW THEM and help instead of being uptight and not helping cause lets be honest if that idiot dies you're down a player and are probably going to die too.

Sorry about the rants folks.

awww you hurt the jedi's feelings lol

The one thing that makes me the most insane, and I'm sure both sides do this but... when we need to cap a turret or plant a bomb it's either 14 guys all trying to do it at once, or nobody.

Please people: one person should be capping, the others should lock down anyone coming to interrupt them. 2 people max if you can los on another side of the turret control or something.

aside from the normal reasons of gear and level, i have found another major factor in the 1 sided beat down the imps hand us in the republic so often. heroes. we have way too many heroes on the republic side.

we need all the jedi to quit doing that gd peter pan leap into a pile of imps. srsly *** are you thinking ? you gonna kill them all ? (this goes for pve too. don't fairy leap way out of heal range and cry cuz you died). do you assume you're so gd cool everyone is watching you and dying to get your back ? well no. you are not.

then there's the basic kamikaze ppl. go running into un-winable odds knowing they are alone. *** are you doin ?

then we have the numb-skulls who get kited away from points and cry about heals. i stay at the point to heal. not trying to get ninja's out of my point. odds are i worked for it.

the imps roll in a zerg smashing all you lil heroes so just stop. don't cry that you 'coulda won 1v1 but there were 4 of them'. find someone moderately competent on your team and stick with them.

If i am Alderaan mid and get heals i beat the whole enemy team, im not even bragging or joking its just fact. I stopped longtime ago playing the objectives in Alderaan or Huttball, now its a race to "how many seconds til they stay afk in their base"

I always facepalm when I see Jedi/Sith use their leaps needlessly. Like when a guy is stunned five feet away up a tiny ramp but they feel the need to force leap. Then they get knocked back and just mash their forward key like a champ, wondering why the CD on force leap is so long.

Maybe it's because I played a warrior in WoW for so long and it got bored into my brain over years.....but seriously....save your gap closer if you can get on a range without using it. If you can, they will never peel you and you will win.

Sigh. I knew I should have stuck to melee.

A simple look at highschool sports will give insight to the Rep vs Imp issue.

Highschools are seperated into divisions based upon the number of students that each highschool has. A school with 500 students is going to be a way worse off than a school with 3,000 students. Why is this? When you have a sample size of 3,000 students, it's more likely that you will get good athletes because you have so many people to choose from. If you only have 500, you have much less to choose from.. and are disadvantaged. That's why they are seperated.

A simple look at highschool sports will give insight to the Rep vs Imp issue.

Highschools are seperated into divisions based upon the number of students that each highschool has. A school with 500 students is going to be a way worse off than a school with 3,000 students. Why is this? When you have a sample size of 3,000 students, it's more likely that you will get good athletes because you have so many people to choose from. If you only have 500, you have much less to choose from.. and are disadvantaged. That's why they are seperated.

This would be true if only the best were allowed to queue for warzones. If only....

What is really screwing Repub side quite a bit on my server - isn't the usual set of noobs -( although yeah, they can be way annoying and really need their own brackets) it's the AFK exploiters that nothing is being done about so far. Some of these guys even make fun of the team in chat and flaunt what they are doing. It's turned me off so much to WZ's that I'm beginning to avoid PvP altogether - even though I enjoy the combat side - but don't enjoy the ROFL-STOMPING imbalances of a bunch of 50s versus TEENS - and the unchecked AFK exploiters - that often show up when the 50 pre-mades are playing as well.

Way to ruin a game - all because groups of (pubescent) players aren't tough enough to fight a fair fight.

Edited by jamenta

This would be true if only the best were allowed to queue for warzones. If only....

Well, once people hit lvl 50 they have less and less to do-- So, when someone hit's 50 they are more likely to PvP because they don't have so much else to do, compared to sub 50's. Because Imps have more 50's than Repubs do, the disparity still stands.

Well, once people hit lvl 50 they have less and less to do-- So, when someone hit's 50 they are more likely to PvP because they don't have so much else to do, compared to sub 50's. Because Imps have more 50's than Repubs do, the disparity still stands.

It's easy to roll another toon - and the story-lines are fairly different for each one IMO. The game really shouldn't cater to the basement players who rush to 50 - only to say the game sucks because it has nothing more to offer.

I also think some of the negative hits - both in major advertising MMO sites and on these forums - are not just normal player based sources - that there is probably competitive reasons why certain negative posters are trolling regularly. But then I'm a bit of a conspiracy sucker.

Edited by jamenta

dont' forget huttball. scenario is i have the ball and am doing my run to score thing, healing myself, trying to cc the enemy, etc... then there's some loner off surrounded by 5 of the enemy.. when he does that grab and pull me to him... when i have the ball..... and he is getting housed by 5 of the enemy haha.

it's like some of 'us' are really helping 'them' :D

and what's up with the damage crits? 5k, 6k, 7k??? either buff stam or lower the crits or something? one and 2 shotting takes some of the fun and skill out of it. there's no way to counter getting hit for 70% of my health.

its not skill it's just big number ****