Wondering about PvP

Mishaman

Hi guys, level 20 Sentinel Watchman here. First of all this is not another PvP QQ thread.

I am just wondering if things are gonna get a little better once I hit 50 and start getting 50 PvP gear.

Last night I played Void Star and once particular IA Operative kept killing me quite a bit. I Know they have a fantastic burst during their opener with a stunlock. I was dead in a matter of an opening Stun, and 2 maybe 3 GCD attacks.

First time he caught me off-guard when I was fighting someone else, My HP was almost full but Rebuke and Saber Ward were still on CD. All I had was my ability to rispel CC (sorry forgot the name of it). I used it but either it didnt fire or Operative stunned me with something else, I still couldnt move and died.

Second time he jumped me I had all me defensive CDs ready (so far I have 3 basically, 1 to ignore stun and two that allow me to reduce damage).

So he opened with stun, I purged it and hit rebuke. That was all I could do. I was tunned again and dead in a fews seconds.

Another time caught him in the open and put some hurt on him but 2 of his friends jumped to his help. We were up against a decent pre-made.

So I was wondering, do things get alittle better with gear that has Expertise on it ? I know we get some more CC abilities of our own. Or should I always expect to get killed by an Operative just because its the way things go ? Do you guys find that at level 50 with a decent gear you can survive the initial storm and fight back ? Or do you still die before you can react? I am sure it is a l2P issue with me too.

Again, not complaining here. I am enjoying the challange and love PvP. Particularily those rare moments when you manage to get a good 1on1 and get an assassin medal :)

Here's my opener on most opponents:

Leap > Overload Saber mid-air > Master Strike >Zealous Strike (to build focus) >Cauterize (talented so has slow) then Bladestorm and fillers, re-apply cauterize as soon as it falls off. Rebuke if focused on with riposte to reduce CD time on rebuke.

But after playing a bunch of things I am beginning to think that maybe Cauterize after leap is better, most people would run away from me as soon as I leap (after the 2 sec stun wears off)

Wow this turned into a long post, sorry. Any help is appreciated, Thank you guys.

At his lvl it makes sense to use master strike then because he doesn't really have many other abilities to use, and its the only time he has the target immobilized.

And fully geared Watchmen spec at 50 seem to be healing themselves faster than any none 50 geared person can dmg them. So yes I'd say it gets better. They routinely get over 100k healing in warzones, which is just crazy...

Edited by Varcan

So, Force Leap(4)->Overload Saber(in air)(1)->Zealous Strike(7)-> Leg Slash(5)->Cauterize(3)(pop Zen now if you have it)->Strike(5)->Merciless Slash(1)

Or Read the Sentinel sticky at the top of page ;)

''Sentinel a Primer''

and the PvP one!

Edited by Wretchie