The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is defence rating worth investing in for PvP?

LarkBenson

Hey there PTs, I'm relatively new to the class (only lvl 24), coming from a merc after being unsatisfied with how linear their playstyle is. I've read that shielding and absorb are relatively useless at the moment, but I'm curious about defence rating. I'm not in a position to stack it yet given my level, but as I make my way up into the 40s and into 50, is it worth investing in for survivability? I'm currently playing as pyro after switching from shield tech and I while I'm much more useful offensively, I've obviously taken a hit in survivability. Plan on likely either playing straight pyro or Parakeet when I get to 50, so is defence a worthwhile stat for either?

No replies yet? Surely someone must have an opinion on this. Some of you 50s out there must have tried seeing whether stacking defence is worth it given all the accuracy rating forced onto most DPS sets. Or is it simply that there's no way you can add decent mods and enhancements to the PT set without sacrificing too much? Or does defence only counters basic attacks in PvP and not specials (ie not 95% of what you get hit with)?

It all matters what you want to do. Absorb/shield/def can be useful in pvp but not in the sense of damage it can be used to carry the ball for short amount of time or hold a spot while your team catches up, and of course for pve they are the primary stats. However from your post i would say you wouldn't want it since i feel like you want to do damage thus making surge/aim your primary stats as a BH.