The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ilum Under Siege: Return to Commander Rans (bugged)

Esica

After completing The False Emperor, the quest tells me to return to Supreme Commander Rans. However, when I attempt to converse with him, it bugs out and I'm unable to even start the Instance.

Kind of like when you click your Holoterminal in your Starship when there's no conversation to be had.

Anyone else having / had this problem? How did you / can I fix it?

Thank you in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem. I wrote an ingame ticket, and got the following answer:

"Greetings Lanilya,

I am Protocol Droid L6-D7 and I have received your transmission.

Thank you for contacting us regarding your mission 'Ilum Under Siege'. Your report has been forwarded to the relevant department, who will investigate further. We regret we will be unable to provide you with further updates on this issue, but recommend checking future patch notes for any up to date information.

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Galactic Support is our specialty!

Sincerely,

Protocol Droid L6-D7, aka Aubryan"

I guess it's a bug and will be patched.

Hi,

now I encountered the same problem. I finished the false emperor and cannot speak to commander rans. I'm in no group anymore as we didn't go back to the quest giver together. Usually that's no problem as you can return quests solo without issues.

Now I cannot procede as the conversation won't start. What can we do? Wrote a ticket but have little hopes. There has been a fix for another conversation which didn't start correctly sometimes in this FP (NPC Akir something). Can we expect a fix here?

What do we do? I don't want to try to reset the FP as I fear I have to redo both FPs, battle for illum and false emperor. I'd rather do other stuff first.

I hope they can fix it. My daily for the FP finished though. So the FP must have been completed. It also says you killed Darth Malgus...

How did you solve the problem?

Edited by ShawnGlueck

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I didn't even know I'd gotten replies on this thread. Sorry about that.

I didn't do anything specific to fix this issue, nor did I write a ticket to CS. The problem somehow just corrected itself, and I was suddenly able to have the conversation and complete the quest. I wish I could give you some detailed description as to what to do, but unfortunately, I can only suggest you wait it out and try to initiate the instance frequently.

Good luck everyone! :)

I have the same issue that is described in my thread and I am still currently experiencing this issue.

I have tried the following:

- talking to Rans over 10 times

- exiting the instanced/group area a few times and re-entering then talking to Rans

- relogging

- restarting the game

None of the things I have tried have work; the mission bugs out a few seconds into the dialogue (I see a hologram of a person talking but hear no sound) and just drops abruptly.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and to thank you again for the valuable feedback you have provided. Please do not hesitate to report any other issues you may encounter while playing.

Why bother reporting, this bug has a year and nobody gives a damn about it... so then why report bugs?!

Why bother reporting, this bug has a year and nobody gives a damn about it... so then why report bugs?!

I totally agree... This just happenede to me today.

One year has passed and they apparently have done nothing about it.

Thanks BW for giving a damn about bug reports!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One year later...

Nothing happend. Like all the other bugs. Nothing happens.

Hey BioWare, would you please be so kind and fix only one quest bug in your game. Only one! Maybe next year this bug will be fixed?

BioWare, if you ever wonder why this game failed... maybe think about problems like that.

Edited by discbox

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And here I am, bumping this up because I'm experiencing the same problem.

Soloing, finished HM False Emperor, I'm at the stage where it says 'Return to Supreme Commander Rans'. I can enter the instance and click on him. The cut scene starts up, runs for maybe 2-3 seconds, then quits out again.

I've tried:

- Resetting the phase

- Logging off and back on

- Restarting the client

all to no avail.

Can we at least get this on the Known Problems List? Sheesh.

• 4 weeks later...
I can confirm that going into the phase with a second person lets you talk to Rans. It's not a proper fix per se, but at least the quest can be finished without doing it all over again.

Thank you, that solved it for me.

For the record, it doesn't have to be somebody on the same stage of the mission, or indeed on the mission at all. I invited a level 35 guildmate, we went into the phase together and the conversation worked just fine.

Good to know that while customer support is useless, the customer support forum is still worth checking out.

Thank you, that solved it for me.

For the record, it doesn't have to be somebody on the same stage of the mission, or indeed on the mission at all. I invited a level 35 guildmate, we went into the phase together and the conversation worked just fine.

Good to know that while customer support is useless, the customer support forum is still worth checking out.

because unlike customer support in this game player to player support is awesome.

• Dev Post

Hi folks,

As this is clearly a long-standing bug, and I wanted to communicate its status a bit. We actually fixed one instance of this conversation not progressing properly for Game Update 2.0. Unfortunately, it didn't fix all cases and is still rearing its ugly head at some of you. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and for how long it's taken to get it fixed fully.

While there's a workaround that allows you to progress by bringing a friend with you, we're working on getting this fixed fully as soon as possible. As we have more details about when the fix will be implemented, I'll come back into this thread and let you know. We'll also get it added to the Known Issues this week.

Thanks for your understanding!