"hey some kid killed me with biochem nerf now"

Kaladorei

Guess you didn't notice everyone on PVE servers is grabbing this skill because it was OP.

maybe its because every othewr crew skills is crap and needs a buff ever consider that?

P.S im cybertech. but my friend is biochem and its fine as it is.

Guess you didn't notice everyone on PVE servers is grabbing this skill because it was OP.

And yes.....i'm a dirty Biochem crafter. I'm UNCLEAN!

Its only OP because yes the other trade skills have no real value to them other then cybertech with it's grenades.

maybe its because every othewr crew skills is crap and needs a buff ever consider that?

While it's probably true that the other skills need some beefing up, those medpacks were insane. Way too good.

I've got Biochem too and I was waiting for them to be nerfed myself.

Edited by imtrick

buff others, nerf some... whats the f-ing diff. We want balance and thats what they are trying to keep. get over it.

ok lets look at it this way..

"So we have a bunch of useless crew skills and 2 better ones.

instead of making the crappy ones useful lets make them all worthless....good plan boss"

Firstly, it's not just a case of issue with other professions, Biochem was OP, period. Read GZ's post:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173035

BioChem crafted medical kits were too good. In fact, they were too good both in the amount of healing they provided (often more than half a character’s health) and the frequency they could be used (every 90 seconds!).....

Yes they are looking at other professions as well:

We plan to give all crafting and gathering professions additional and ongoing attention, yes.

It's important to remember that we launched not a month ago - we're in for the long haul. Crafting is an important part of the game and we have plans for it :)

Edited by Tarka

You guys act like this nerf means anything to solve what its aiming to do?

It doesn't because reusable consumables REGARDLESS how much they nerf them it still more useful then nothing!

Literally, all you can do with anything but cybertech is make inferior gear to easy to get epic armor/epics.

Its infinitely better! INFINITELY AS IN 1 IS BETTER THAN 0 SINCE 1 IS SOMETHING AND 0 IS NOTHING!

We plan to give all crafting and gathering professions additional and ongoing attention, yes.

It's important to remember that we launched not a month ago - we're in for the long haul. Crafting is an important part of the game and we have plans for it

Yeah what a hogwash this is. Just a month ago? I'm sure anyone who ran a beta test would of caught onto how pathetic their tradeskills were designed.

Edited by Kabloosh

ok lets look at it this way..

"So we have a bunch of useless crew skills and 2 better ones.

instead of making the crappy ones useful lets make them all worthless....good plan boss"

people not thinking they are balanced and people thinking they are all worthless are two different issues.

Balance first. change the nature of all crafting skills later or not at all.

You guys act like this nerf means anything to solve what its aiming to do?

It doesn't because reusable consumables REGARDLESS how much they nerf them it still more useful then nothing!

Literally, all you can do with anything but cybertech is make inferior gear to easy to get epic armor/epics.

Its infinitely better! INFINITELY AS IN 1 IS BETTER THAN 0 SINCE 1 IS SOMETHING AND 0 IS NOTHING!

The other professions DO need attention, and GZ has said that they will get it. But the first ones to come under scrutiny are those items which are considered OP......

I agree that some skills need a little buff. Bio should've been nerfed, but I think armourtech/synthweaving could use a little something. Maybe give them armouring too. Cybertech already makes way too much.

Well, it looks like they are looking into the others as well:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1585840#post1585840

It's important to remember that we launched not a month ago - we're in for the long haul. Crafting is an important part of the game and we have plans for it :)

Edited by Tarka

The other professions DO need attention, and GZ has said that they will get it. But the first ones to come under scrutiny are those items which are considered OP......

They are still overpowered compared to the other professions. They only made them "less op".

Someone with biochem still has an advantage over you since you have nothing with synthweaving. In order to fix this they need to do something about the other professions.

I dropped my 400 Cybertech, Scavenging and UT for Biochem.

What? What's the only useful thing you get from Cybertech at endgame? A grenade that does 4k elemental? My reusable Rakata medpac, crit & surge adrenals and on top of that a 136 Aim stim with extra power greet you.

Edited by Obstero

They are still overpowered compared to the other professions. They only made them "less op".

Someone with biochem still has an advantage over you since you have nothing with synthweaving. In order to fix this they need to do something about the other professions.

And if you read my post above, you'll see that they are looking at the others too.....

So stop thinking that Biochem and Cybertech are the only profs getting attention...they aren't. We are just seeing the first stage...and that is to reduce the amount of OP'ness on certain craftables.

Edited by Tarka

And if you read my post above, you'll see that they are looking at the others too.....

They are "looking into" a lot of things.

They cannot simply just address one part of the issue. If they really want to fix this major balancing issue they need to do something about it asap.

They are "looking into" a lot of things.

They cannot simply just address one part of the issue. If they really want to fix this major balancing issue they need to do something about it asap.

welcome to the wonderful world of MMO balancing. It doesn't completely happen in one patch. It is usually spread over multiple patches.

And the first stage is to deal with certain OP items. This is how it goes.

Just because you're only seeing Cybertech and Biochem being "nerfed", doesn't mean that they aren't already working on others. It's just that the fixes for those two are coming out first.

The same goes for combat balancing, you may see XXXX class getting nerfed / boosted in a patch, doesn't mean that they aren't already underway on working on the others. It's just they haven't finished them yet.

Edited by Tarka

Biochem should be nerfed, but also some of the others should be buffed.

Personally, I'd love to hear what they intend to do with the others to address the redundant items issues that are plaguing them. But you know what Bioware is like....a lot of the time, they don't like to talk about it until it's practically out of the door.

The "mushroom method" of communication seldom works well for an MMO company in the long run.

Edited by Tarka