Arsenal PvE - Heatseeker Missle Dilemma

Voljag

Due to the absence of combat logs, it has been a little difficult to measure damage and compare rotations, but anyway, this has been my general rotation (excluding relics, shields, etc.) in PvE for long fights (bosses, high health elites, etc.) Also, to take into consideration, im in solid gear, all epics consisting of columni and some champion, with over 1500 aim.

Tracer-Tracer-Tracer-Heatseeker-Unload-Tracer-Tracer-Railshot

What i have found is that this rotation is effective when done 2 times until heat becomes an issue. At that point i use vent heat then repeat the rotation twice again. After this point i begin to struggle with my rotation to keep heat low and avoid doing a bunch of wasteful rapid shots.

So i guess my question is, have you mercs who've been doing hard modes and PvE ops like EV found that heatseeker missile isnt worth putting into a PvE rotation for boss fights? Also, has anyone discovered an effective rotation that incorporates rapid shots at specific points in the rotation to manage heat better?

Also, as a side note i have found pyrotech as an alternative is very unreliable in PvE even though it is more fun and better for PvP. Feel free to leave thoughts on pyrotech vs arsenal PvE also.

I know this is difficult without damage meters and combat logs and some fights are situational which changes the rotation, but i was just curious what you guys have discovered about rotations for long basic tank and spanks.

Thanks in advance.

Heatseeker def. worth it !

Crits for about 8k+ in an 16ppl raid. And you got more cds than vent heat. Btw get your 4th Setbonus asap if u dont got it already. Atm got nearly 2k aim an with Trinket/Pots on HS crits nearly the 10k sometimes with 3-4 other mercs in raid

Personally I always add in a rapid shot on the very end of unload.

It doesn't seem to take the full time to complete it sometimes and allows for a little extra heat to fall off at the end.

I usually cram one more tracer in after heatseeker and just spread the rapids in between every other move when im building too much.

after 2 or 3 with rapid shots spread you should be able to time it so the cd on vent is over.

regardless... this is a sad sad rotation we are forced into and quite frankly doesn't leave alot of room for innovation.

I anticipate them doing something with tracer missile soon though

i always do

tracer-tracer-tracer-unload-heatseeker-railshot

tracer-rapid-unload-rapid-tracer-heatseeker-railshot

and sometimes if u have talent where tracers make your unload cd instant use it if your heat isnt over 40

This is for long Bosses fights

If you don´t have 2 pieces pve gear you could use HSM

BUT

once you get the 2 piece set-bonus it isn´t worth it anymore.

with the crit talent in arsenal that reduce heat you have about 55% chance to reduce your heat cost of your TM every third second.

So use unload and RS as often you can because they only cost 8 heat every 1.5 second, unload might be even cheaper if you procc crit talent. If you have the 2 piece bonus you TM will cost around 12 heat each. if you use this rotation you have to be really unlucky to get your heat high. Okay HSM do more dmg then HM but you have to use rapid shoot if you use it so you lose dmg anyway.

when you get the 4 piece-bonus and your RS becomes a free heat shot you will have even less heat problems.

SO use HSM if you have less then 2 pieces rakata eliminator gear otherwise don´t.

HS is for bursting at the end, yes with the pve 2 set your crits are such that you really have to use unload whenever it is up and tracer is your new vent heat.

people need to remember that unload without venting skills is still the most heat neutral of our attacks (except rapid shot) and also the biggest damage dealer