Something just occured to me...

MarkusAtticus

Eventually the Empire would just reroll and reconquer them out of boredom :D

Then they'd be the only republic players, getting farmed by their own faction and get nowhere.

That is call masochism.

One of the serious flaws in this game is the lack of population control. Servers are out of hand in favor of Empire.

For those who want to see this happen, if you could move on over to the Suggestions Compilations thread (the only thread the Devs are paying attention to I bet) where I resposted the OPs idea and expounded upon it, we can get it put on the first page so the Devs are aware of our suggestion.

Here's the link to that thread:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1714957#post1714957

Then they'd be the only republic players, getting farmed by their own faction and get nowhere.

That is call masochism.

One of the serious flaws in this game is the lack of population control. Servers are out of hand in favor of Empire.

I agree, they are one sided. However the Republic gear and overall theme is pretty lame and weak. I fell asleep about level 20 with every piece of armor I got. (Robes, helmets that look like lampshades etc.)

Appearance is huge aspect of an MMO and I would venture a guess that ZERO effort was put in on the Republic side. Well the results speak for themselves.

Everyone, most everyone has rolled Empire.

For those who want to see this happen, if you could move on over to the Suggestions Compilations thread (the only thread the Devs are paying attention to I bet) where I resposted the OPs idea and expounded upon it, we can get it put on the first page so the Devs are aware of our suggestion.

Here's the link to that thread:

I responded to it. SO hope we could see this idea be implemented. :)

All the small/big PvP areas on Ilum and Tatooine are dead, a whole planet would just be a waste of dev time atm, but the base idea is kinda good.

If you wish, you could read my expanded idea on the last page of the suggestions compilation thread. It gives incentives for even max levels to participate, it also deals with population imbalances. While I agree it may not be as important as some other ideas/bugs, we can at least get the option on their plans for the future board.

If you like the idea, it'd help a lot to have your support in that thread.

I agree an open world PvP planet with quests, goals and objectives. It would have to be well thought out to stop one side owning the entire plannet and camping the other sides landing zone but something like this would be great.

Maybe every 3 or 4 hours there could be a shuttle in the fleet area that took the playera to to planet and if you died or were wiped out the winning faction gets the planet till whenever, have 3 planeta with different level requirements.. 20+ 35+ and 50+ and different bonuses or vendors on the planet (sorta like lich king wintergrasp.)