The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech aesthetics & fire

Decembrist

Hey everyone. What I wanna talk about is not a matter of utility, but a matter of class aesthetics, so don't come here and hate if you're not that into the aesthetics.

Basically, I wanted to gather the info about how much each of the Powertech trees revolves around Flame Burst and other "fire all over the screen" abilities :)

Here is why: before the game was released, I made a false assumption that only one of the BH trees - named Firebug at that time - would make heavy use of the fire abilities, as the name suggested. After I actually roled the class, it turned out that the entire AC is virtually all about fire - the top tier abilities in all trees are fire abilities. Not that I dislike fire, I just never really wanted/expected it to be ALL about it, and expected the Powertech to have an option of speccing into relatively fire-light configurations.

So basically, I want to know which path to follow to have the least Flame Burst spamming, etc, and more of the other awesome stuff that Powertech has to offer.

Also, before anyone suggests it, I do know that aesthetics-wise rerolling a Vanguard is the best way to avoid the fire theme, but neither is switching factions an option for me at this point , nor do I want to abandon BH lore and story.

And although one would assume that in terms of fire use Pyrotech > AP >Shieldtech, but knowing how counter-intuitive some features are (e.g. Pyrotech revolves around Rail Shot, etc), I really feel like I need to ask the community in order to get the right idea.

Thanks for answers and if sounds like a dumb question to you, then oh well :)

Cheers

Unfortunately, as Flameburst is our AC's spammable ability, it will remain throughout most talent specs.

Suggest you try the ST. At least the end talent isn't either about bathing the target in a fireball nor about you spamming Flameburst and then finishing off with a Railshot proc(s).