This will be the first and last staggered EGA

Gankdalf_

I think this may go down as the worst MMO launch ever, even Bioware must now realise the EGA staggering was a huge mistake. Other companies will be watching all this playing out and I bet they are chuckling to themselves, what a complete PR disaster this has been. :o

Yes I know it's not technically an official launch on paper but you all know it actually is the launch of SWTOR.

Disagree

i think the people whining are mostly just upset that they dont get to level with their friends and thought it would be a possibility up until they heard about the staggering...and you cant rightly ask your friend not to play until you get in...i admit it wont be as fun levelling when my friends are level 20s already...you dont get to discover the same stuff..instead they r telling you what you are doing isnt as cool as what you will be doing...the enjoyment of mutual discovery is gone Edited by Hammcd

except that launch has gone almost perfectly

only one server crash, and that was quickly dealt with

the only people raging on the forums are the ones who aren't in yet, and as soon as people get in, they stop complaining and don't care any more

the only downside is that the forums are filled with raging babies, but Bioware figured out the easy solution to that: just ignore them!

Crying babies? What crying babies? I don't hear anything :rolleyes:

A bad launch is when all the players hop on at once on release day and everything crashes horribly and the developer ends up giving out free game time.

The "bad PR" is a fraction of the population ************ on the forums for a few days and then getting over it.

This is a good launch so far. I will be very interested to see how server performance is at primetime tonight after the large number of EGA invites today.

I think this may go down as the worst MMO launch ever, even Bioware must now realise the EGA staggering was a huge mistake. Other companies will be watching all this playing out and I bet they are chuckling to themselves, what a complete PR disaster this has been. :o

Yes I know it's not technically an official launch on paper but you all know it actually is the launch of SWTOR.

Untill I can go out and pick up a physical boxed copy of SWTOR. EGA is not really a official launch.

So let me get this straight people who are in are calling those upset babies and telling them to grow up? So the only reason your happy is cause your already playing the game.... good for you, not everyone can ask their mommy to buy them a game every time a game comes out, or was able to use the Origin site to pre-order when they tried to.

It makes me sick to see how people whine about people upset not being able to play something they paid for. I know for a fact half of you would be raging the same if you were not already in.

I work in this industry and let me tell you it is plain stupidity to do this type of release. This is an EA game and this just proves why EA is the Shark that its always been. I can see why Zynga makes triple the amount EA does, because even when hardcore players want to play and EA game they still need to wait in a line.....

I think this may go down as the BEST MMO launch ever, even Bioware must now realise the EGA staggering was a huge Success. Other companies will be watching all this playing out and I bet they are sweating on themselves, and seeing what a complete PR magnifico this has been. :o

There I fixed some parts for you, to reflect the truth.

Greetings, all. We know that this is a subject everyone is wanting to discuss, and already have an existing discussion thread dedicated to talking about Early Game Access. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the thread here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=16764

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in the existing thread, so we can keep the conversation a little better consolidated. Thank you!