I am God, name me.

direblaze

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have more survival as a melee. I can knockdown, and stun you from as far as a ranged class, which leads to instagibs in huttball and works as a gap closer with forcesprint.

I can instagib multiple people off bridges from stealth in voidstar, which doesn't count as dmg but if it was, it is essentially a 15-20,000 dmg opener.

I can also vanish and have higher dmg out of stealth then a scoundrel. I can also use any of my plethora of CC's and forcespeed away and get out of any fight.

I can reveal a scoundrel/op vanish with an AOE knockback and I am not tied to my opener so I always beat this class one on one.

I offer guard and taunt which keeps healers alive and is the strongest ability in the game.

My opener does not fill a resolve bar and I am the best class at shutting down a healer. My stealth CC also does not fill a resolve bar which makes it far superior.

I and a scoundrel/op are tied to positional attacks but I have more tools to get them off and to get behind my target.

I would be required in any small scale pvp, or rated warzones.

I am the worst played class in the game and rolled my character to look like Darth Maul. When played well I top dmg in warzones.

Who am I.

Another class...

I am exactly like a shadow priest except I am far easier to play. I primarily spam one button in between two dots that last a long time. When I get a proc? I press one of two spells with a cast time, which become instant. I am not melee, so I can eat donuts while doing my simple rotation and "pwning noobs".

I have a ranged stun and a ranged CC both of which require no setup and are instant casts. Along with this I get a knockback as well. Like the class above me I can instagib people with stuns and knockbacks.

I can bubble other players and am by far the best offhealing dps spec. Not being melee I don't have to worry about staying close to a target when offhealing. I throw some heals and continue to wreckface primarily pressing one button. Despite this I can also top dmg in any warzone with the greatest of ease.

I have some counters, but I am on a crusade to get them nerfed. Who am I.

Another...

I press one button and 2-3 instants and can do as must burst as anyone in the game from range. I also have a ranged stun.

I wear heavy armor.

My aoe is devastating and I have no problems leading dmg in warzones as I am not melee and don't have to press my simple rotation on the move. Sometimes I eat donuts while leading damage, and sometimes I eat pie.

I am the second best offhealing dps, because I am not melee and do not self kite myself from my target while offhealing.

The people who play my class aren't as whiny as the class above me though. I tried the class above me but I had no raiding spots as 9/10 players rolled a double lightsaber melee class or a wannabe emperor.

Who am I.

Another one...

I am the most important thing in the game and require 1 thing to dominate and have no fear of dying. Guard/taunt. I use 1/3rd my class abilities and play whack a mole with health bars. I perfected my craft at Chuck e. Cheese. Any class that has a chance of killing me (when I don't have a pocket tank)? I will go on a crusade to get them nerfed.

If I do not get all the mvp votes I go on the forum and RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

Who am I.

People can handle them because you get a chance to fight back, set up the fight and maybe win, with God you cannot, one second you are walking loving life, the next you are face down on the floor being shanked in the back of the head.

Its too much like real life to be fun in a game.

540 expertise madness sorcerer. I have more problems with marauders than I do operatives. I can win 50% of the time against an equal geared op 1 v 1. A less geared marauder will tear me up. There arent many, you'll find out once you come across a rage specd marauder thats geared.

With a good operative the problem is nine times out of ten people only see him when they've got their pants down arround their ankles.

Ussually it involves them having done something stupid, like running off alone with 50% health to heal where their team can't see them, chasing a level 12 thinking its an easy kill and getting seperated from the pack, or just standing up on a ledge in Huttball thinking how awesome they are cause they're doing soooooo much damage on the group below. Guess what, if a operative is in the area, he sees you, he knows you are nowhere near as good as you think you are and he's gonna school you.

Play smart, back each other up and don't ***** because you can't figure out *** you did that got you killed. Operatives are easily countered by groups that throw bubbles on their weaker elements, have heals running on players taking damage and have DPS that targets them with dots and stuns as soon as they reveal themselves. Hell, even in a perfect match their output tends to lag behind that of BHs, Snipers, and OMGHeHitMeHowHardMarauders.

Seriously though, what do you expect to happen when you are ambushed by a class DESIGNED TO AMBUSH you? Quit thinking that you are a one man army that can wreck anyone and everyone, pvp is objective and group based, time to put on your big boy clothes and start playing that way.

P.S. Stims, trinkets, and those buffs spread across the zones stack together. You ever see one of those vanish mysteriously before your eyes, chances are good someone just popped their trinket and is standing behind you. Lube up.

Oh i'm sorry, where was it i exaggerated? they have heals, they have medium armor, they can and do kill people in the inital assault, as you say they are a burst dps stealth class, they do have ranged and melee CC, they can kite anyone with these, they do move faster than anyone else passively.

Where have i exaggerated? where have i been misinformed?

Lets see where you have exaggerated.....

Their heal will be untalented and is 2seconds. It very rare it will ever help them in a fight. Everyone has access to a much more useful and OP heal for fights in the medpacks.

Medium armour is just another word for squishy

They can and do kill people in their initial assult (lets assume both class are 50) but then theres also times when nothing crits and they do very little damage (which everyone seems to forget about in their QQs). Many an OP has popped on me and removed my bubble and only about 1/4 of my health before im back on my feet and roasting them.

Their range CC isnt very ranged at all and breaks on damage. Their melee CC is, well melee...

They cant kite anyone as every (?) class has a slow and they themselves have no way to close range. Slow one at 20meters and he is dead as he will never get to a ranged class (unless vnaish is up).

Really everyone needs to wait until the level 50 bracket is here and see how everything balances out then. Yeah they will probably need a nerf but if they are nerfed many other AC will need one too.

Edited by da_krall

Lets see where you have exaggerated.....

Their heal will be untalented and is 2seconds. It very rare it will ever help them in a fight. Everyone has access to a much more useful and OP heal for fights in the medpacks.

Medium armour is just another word for squishy

They can and do kill people in their initial assult (lets assume both class are 50) but then theres also times when nothing crits and they do very little damage (which everyone seems to forget about in their QQs). Many an OP has popped on me and removed my bubble and only about 1/4 of my health before im back on my feet and roasting them.

This. Sooooo many times ive jump a Consular thinking "olololol clothies :D" Click Hidden Strick only to see "Absorbed" float up the screen and his HP bar not move. At that point, if Vanish is on CD Im dead. Simples.

Their range CC isnt very ranged at all and breaks on damage. Their melee CC is, well melee...

They cant kite anyone as every (?) class has a slow and they themselves have no way to close range. Slow one at 20meters and he is dead as he will never get to a ranged class (unless vnaish is up).

Really everyone needs to wait until the level 50 bracket is here and see how everything balances out then. Yeah they will probably need a nerf but if they are nerfed many other AC will need one too.

+ 5 internets Sir. Someone you gets it for once.

Oh i'm sorry, where was it i exaggerated? they have heals, they have medium armor, they can and do kill people in the inital assault, as you say they are a burst dps stealth class, they do have ranged and melee CC, they can kite anyone with these, they do move faster than anyone else passively.

Where have i exaggerated? where have i been misinformed?

Well first off, our long range attacks are absolutely pathetic. I'm going to list my 30m attacks. Ready?

-Flurry of Bolts (basic attack)

-Vital Shot (dot)

-Thermal Grenade (weak attack with small AoE)

-XS Freighter Flyby (Large AoE for moderate damage that has a 3 second channel time and leaves a huge mark on the floor where it's going to hit)

If you get kited to death by a scoundrel you are either a) almost dead to begin with or b) getting focused down by more than one enemy.

"range and melee stuns and ranged snares"

My stuns:

-Dirty Kick (45 sec CD, stuns for 4 secs)

-Tranquilizer (only usable from stealth, one target at a time, breaks on damage)

-Flash Grenade (60 sec CD after the patch, breaks on damage)

I have ONE snare, and it's bugged:

-Tendon Blast (slow by 50% for 12 secs, doesn't always work, and it SHOULD root because of the talent I have for it but it doesn't)

"I move faster passively then anyone else"

-Lie

"i have the ability to heal, i use this after a forced stealth so i never die."

I'm pathetic at healing when I'm not specced for it.

My heals:

-Underworld Medicine (2 sec channel that heals for roughly 15% of my health)

-Kolto Pack (1.5 sec cast that heals for roughly 10% of my health AND uses upper hand)

-Diagnostic Scan is an absolute joke unless you're a healer and is not even worth mentioning.

- I'm also easy pickings if I run off BY MYSELF to heal after using Disappearing Act.

"I can vanish from any fight I wish"

-Disappearing Act has a 2 minute cooldown, and I reappear if I was dotted when I used it.

"My damage is the highest in the world"

-I would hope so! I can't guard, I can't taunt, I can't tank, I can't detect, I have weak AoE, I'm a crappy healer, and all my abilities require that I be within 4m of my target. Imagine how worthless the class would be if you took away the burst. You would be deliberately gimping yourself by choosing to play it.

"my initial hits can kill even the most hardends of fighters"

-Lie, watch me fight a Juggernaut and laugh as he absorbs Shoot First and then proceeds to rip my face off. You can't kill anyone with Shoot First/Back Blast anyway unless they're less than half health when you attack.

"they cannot fight back because they are incapacitated on the floor and can't get up even if they last my initial attacks they wont have any fight left in them."

-Use your CC break, stun me, and either heal up, run away, or kill me depending on how much I did to you with my opener. Congrats, you're also immune to my stuns due to full resolve. Also, don't run around by yourself like an idiot, and don't stray away from the group to chase down a wounded low level. Stick with your team. You're just asking for me to get you when you do that.

"I can keep the fight going a long while because i do not run out of energy unlike other professions similar to myself, this means i can keep up a sustain barrage of damage on the more hardened foes."

-The longer a fight goes, the less chance I have of winning because a) your team (there's that word again) is going to see us fighting and come help you or b) you're a tank and can outlast me. If A and B don't apply chances are you were being stupid and I caught you with your pants down.

-Managing energy is a HUGE issue for us, we aren't like Consulars/Inquisitors where energy regens at a constant rate. If our energy dips below 60 we take a huge hit to regen rate, AND all our non-stealth skills require LARGE amounts of energy. Quick Shot-17, Blaster Whip-15, Dirty Kick-10, Sucker Punch-15 AND Upper Hand. If I blow through all my energy you better be dead because you're going to rock my world if you aren't.

"I cannot be stopped"

-Ever heard of focus fire?

"you cannot escape me"

-Correct, it's best to assume that I can appear anywhere without warning and totally ruin your day. That's why you should stick with your TEAM (I have a feeling this word is important) and not run off alone. Like SammuelSK said earlier in the thread

With a good operative the problem is nine times out of ten people only see him when they've got their pants down arround their ankles.

I am the ultimate opportunist, it's time people like you realized this and gave the class the proper respect instead of using the same old tactics and sloppy play and then complaining when I floor you. It's also important to understand that ALL my DPS is in my opening burst. That's all I've got. I can't keep up a constant stream of pain like other classes. Don't believe me? Level a Scoundrel or Operative to 50 and see for yourself.

This is an L2P issue, and that's not meant as an insult or a blight on your ability to play the game so don't take it as such. Operatives and Scoundrels were by far the most underrepresented class at launch. As such, most people are unsure of how to deal with them.

EDIT: Holy crap I wrote a lot.

Edited by AdmiralOnasi