Why more PvP servers?

DarthGrimmlokk

Why are there more PvP servers than PvE? I've never seen a regular MMO where PvP servers are more populated than PvE servers. I would suggest opening more PvE servers.

In WoW the population was generally 50/50 in terms of PvP/PvE ratio. At times it was 55% towards PvE. They did surveys and polls and I am guessing that is why they went with the servers based on what people picked in beta and the survey.

In WoW the population was generally 50/50 in terms of PvP/PvE ratio. At times it was 55% towards PvE. They did surveys and polls and I am guessing that is why they went with the servers based on what people picked in beta and the survey.

'was' being the operative word. PVP now makes up 30% of the wow pop. If the SWTOR pop is 50/50 right now, then ganking will quickly move the PVP pop down to 30%.

Uh No! My account is still active in WoW and there are twice as many PvE servers to PvP.

Why are there more PvP servers than PvE? I've never seen a regular MMO where PvP servers are more populated than PvE servers. I would suggest opening more PvE servers.

What kind of stupid question is that? Maybe because there are not that many people that want to play on PvE server...

What kind of stupid question is that? Maybe because there are not that many people that want to play on PvE server...

You obviously don't play MMOs! You will see the problem as time goes by. More people prefer PvE servers. Just go survey WoW, Rift, Etc and you will see that. If there are not enough PvE servers they will all be full with queues. Meantime the PvP servers will be low pop and people will be upset there isn't enough people, or balanced factions, and nobody will be happy.