PvP Gearing Needs Improvement

Kitsummerisle

Okay, so this post is for those that are working up to 50, or are almost to 50. With the new brackets coming into que soon, there's going to be a lot of 50s with no gear getting smashed.

I'm currently almost gear'd in full Champion(missing boots) and there's probably a lot of others that are close to my gear. One thing I noticed is that you almost completely skip the Centurion Gear vendor, you don't earn enough Commendations to gear yourself out in this gear.

One way to improve this system would be to allow players to buy Centurion with Warzone Commendations, this would allow new 50s to stand a fighting chance on there grind for gear. Because with the way the system is now, more then half the players will have Champion before they even get close to 3 peices of Centurion.

Bioware should look into this.

EDIT----

Just thought I'd add they could increase the number of Centurion Commendation you recieve from a Champ Bag. This would allow players to get gear'd in Centurion for the expertise, however the downfall is the crappy duplicate Champion Gear you obtain, which gives you 1 commendation right now when you get a peice, so it would benefit you more to get nothing, then get a dupe.

Edited by Kitsummerisle

Okay, so this post is for those that are working up to 50, or are almost to 50. With the new brackets coming into que soon, there's going to be a lot of 50s with no gear getting smashed.

I'm currently almost gear'd in full Champion(missing boots) and there's probably a lot of others that are close to my gear. One thing I noticed is that you almost completely skip the Centurion Gear vendor, you don't earn enough Commendations to gear yourself out in this gear.

One way to improve this system would be to allow players to buy Centurion with Warzone Commendations, this would allow new 50s to stand a fighting chance on there grind for gear. Because with the way the system is now, more then half the players will have Champion before they even get close to 3 peices of Centurion.

Bioware should look into this.

Bump. Good point.

Should be lvl 50 gear that fresh 50 can buy with commandation. then upgrade to champ/battle.

Good idea. I think having an accessible PVP is important to keep a healthy population and I'd hate for new 50's to be put off simply because of gear.

With a system like this they can simply save comms for their last levels and buy a decent starter set.

Cent comm's are also pretty worthless after you get most of your champ gear. Even if we could use them to buy some sort of gear we could trade to guildies to give them a start would be nice plus promote the community aspect.

Great idea, though I doubt you'll get much support from the people who want to farm easy battlemaster gear right now.

Taking out the 50 warzone commendation set was a huge mistake, it'll show very much so once the 50's bracket comes out.

i take it that the lvl 50 blue pvp gear has been removed from the game, and i can stop trying to find it???

Yes, the patch notes stated that they removed it. The real question is why? WHY BW, WHY? I'm already past this gear point, but I still don't understand pvp gearing. Who in their right mind thought that pvp should go level 20 blue, level 40 blue, level 50 epic? I bet every pve player in the game would riot if they pulled that nonsense on them. Wake up BW. It was horrible before when there was a level 50 blue set. Then you made it worse. Wake up BW. This isn't acceptable.

Edited by Dosvidaniya

EDIT----

Just thought I'd add they could increase the number of Centurion Commendation you recieve from a Champ Bag. This would allow players to get gear'd in Centurion for the expertise, however the downfall is the crappy duplicate Champion Gear you obtain, which gives you 1 commendation right now when you get a peice, so it would benefit you more to get nothing, then get a dupe.

Yeah, I'd hate to have a second set on my healer for DPS. . .

I'd also hate extras to strip the good mods out, wouldnt want to customize my stats or anything....

Point is, while i may agree with you somewhat, stop the one dimensional thinking.

Great idea, though I doubt you'll get much support from the people who want to farm easy battlemaster gear right now.

Taking out the 50 warzone commendation set was a huge mistake, it'll show very much so once the 50's bracket comes out.

Agreed.