The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Thoughts on a 7-3-31 Pyro build?

Torothin

For a pure DPS person, I'd take 2 out of Infrared Sensors (It's rather pointless really) and put it into Energy Rebounder. This will keep you up more often, since you'll be able to absorb damage much more often, it also refreshes your snare breaker, faster.

Take the 2 out of Steely Resolve and put it into Rapid Venting. Being able to vent 50 heat over 90s instead of 120s is going to make a big difference when you're in the thick of it. You can also start off heavy, blasting your heat up to 80 for a very quick burst, and then vent heat, then just manage it until your vent heat is ready again.

After that, take 2 out of Rail Loaders and put it into and put it into Prototype Burn Enhancers. This will up your damage far more then 6% extra on rail shot (since this will effect your FB, and more importantly Combustible Cylinder). It also helps to keep your heat lower, and keep you alive more with Automated Defenses, which is criminally underrated. With that, you can start every fight with Thermal Override, for a free Incendiary Missle, on top of being able to burst up to 80 since you have vent heat. It also helps damage cause you have points in Fire Bug.

Finally, this one is a personal choice for me, but I think it will help more since it will up your tech crit chance, take 1 point out of Intimidation, and put it into Prototype Cylinders. This will boost your damage output because of Fire Bug and Automated Defenses, and also very slightly help your survivability.

You can also put the 2 points of Gyroscopic Jet Alignment, into Sweltering Heat, which will keep people from running away from you, or running towards the door/node faster, it's great for dragging or getting away from people as well.

Overall, if I was going to go pure, nothing but DPS, my spec would look like this:

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bZMsZfhMrzGGrs.1