The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Time to Merge Servers....

Thamelas

Not only have the zones felt empty in live compared to beta, but now most people can't even find a group to do heroic quests.

Bioware made entirely too many servers, and spread the player base too thin. Why did they do this? Short answer: Greed. They saw money, and tried to grab as many subscribers as possible. Now we the players are paying the price.

If they were truly greedy, they would launch as few servers as they thought they could get away with, to save operating expenses.

Your logic fails.

Personally, I enjoy that fact that the worlds are large and people can spread out. Nothing worse then tripping over 50 people trying to do the same quest, and waiting in queues for a quest spawn.

AND, it takes less then 5 minutes in /general to hookup for a heroic on my server.

I'm sure there are some servers where the population could use a boost, but most people comment that while spread out in the server, there are a lot of people and they are able to hookup to group when they want/need to.

If I recall correctly, BW stated that they did not want to have too many servers at launch to avoid exactly this issue. Unfortunately, it seems that the low server population problem has arisen after all. My server is almost always light (Nathema); I don't even bother queuing for PvP unless it's in the evening, and even then, matches end prematurely half the time due to a lack of players (which occurs on both sides). I wouldn't at all mind a server merge.

And when in 3 months all the servers have queu's you'll be crying how greedy Bioware is and that they need more servers, I expect :D

Yeah I mean http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/servers/list/ already shows a downward trend in overall population. I'm sure once the free trial period is over we'll be seeing even less players. This looks awfully like Warhammer Online when they sold a million copies but ended up with only 300k subs after the first month was up.

Sales figures say otherwise.

See what I said above. Just because you sell a bunch of boxes doesn't mean everyone who bought one will continue to play. I know I cancelled until they fix the glaring bugs with the game engine, a lot of which I doubt they will be able to fix.

Edited by Mallok

Yeah I mean http://www.swtorarena.com/statistics/servers/list/ already shows a downward trend in overall population. I'm sure once the free trial period is over we'll be seeing even less players. This looks awfully like Warhammer Online when they sold a million copies but ended up with only 300k subs after the first month was up.

Oh ye gods, that bogus story again? The maker of those stats has come here to explain those figures do not mean what you think they do.

And it means that merging servers after 3 weeks with still rising sales is assisine and throwing away money, especially if, as Bioware clearly does, you believe the game will keep growing.

If the same situation persists after 3-4 months then you might want to consider it.

I'm not agreeing with OPs personal opinion of EA.

However, you can throw out whatever bs lines you want doesn't change the fact that on my server the amount of players running around on Republic side outside Coruscant is downright laughable. Kind of hard to find groups when there's hardly anyone around.

Sales figures are wonderful things but I'm talking about what is actually happening in game on my server.

...and the population isn't getting healthier it is dwindling. On my server so feel free to not have to mention again about how the sales are going.

At the very least would be nice if server transfers were available so I can get off this ghost town.

Edited by GarbonzotheDude

Oh ye gods, that bogus story again? The maker of those stats has come here to explain those figures do not mean what you think they do.

Do tell me, what do I think they mean? My servers population has dropped drastically and it's very noticeable. What is it with you white knights that makes every little negative comment towards this game make you boil with a frothing rage? The adults here are trying to have a conversation and you come in spouting off at the mouth about how everything is fine because the sales figures say so.

I'm not agreeing with OPs personal opinion of EA.

However, you can throw out whatever bs lines you want doesn't change the fact that on my server the amount of players running around on Republic side outside Coruscant is downright laughable. Kind of hard to find groups when there's hardly anyone around.

Sales figures are wonderful things but I'm talking about what is actually happening in game on my server.

...and the population isn't getting healthier it is dwindling. On my server so feel free to not have to mention again about how the sales are going.

Ok, I dont see any bs in what I posted but whatever, apparently it sucks to be you on your server, we get it. How that makes the OP's case is unclear but hey, keep up the passive aggressive posting, Im sure it will make it all better :D

Not only have the zones felt empty in live compared to beta, but now most people can't even find a group to do heroic quests.

Bioware made entirely too many servers, and spread the player base too thin. Why did they do this? Short answer: Greed. They saw money, and tried to grab as many subscribers as possible. Now we the players are paying the price.

Plays Republic.

Strange because I am currently doing the holocron run and last night, there were so many people on each planet, 107 on tattoine, 109 on balmorra, I could go on. I think the server I am on is quite populated. Maybe you should reroll to another. :D
Plays Empire.