how long between waves?

CeruleanSun

No entry yet, going to look at my talent tree for the 9,000th time and tweek it some more, SEE BIOWARE, if you would have left me in early. I would have just gone with the a spec I swore by last night! ITs all your fault! ;p

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm annoyed that my account says I didn't register the code until November 2nd, when I registered it on 7/22. I'm not mad, just annoyed. I'm sure it's a mistake and an issue with the site or something, but it sucks to think I probably won't be getting into early access even though my CE was registered correctly on 7/22, but my early access code says I didn't register it until 11/02, which is bogus.

Bah, the wait is eating my soul!

If you say so.

if it does take more then a day to bring in later people i find it bullsh*t since we all payed the same amount of money and deserve the same amount of play time.

fine if you spread it over the day but more then a day .....

We didn't all pay the same Money! Some bought Standard, some bought Deluxe & some bought Collectors!!!

Just a blue sky idea, but wouldn't it be cool if they told us in advance when we were getting in? Crazy, I know, but I think it would prevent things such as forum spam, wasted days off of work, and sleepless nights.

Maybe someone should bring it up!

trolljoke aside, congratulations on your launch, team. It's been a long time coming.

Edited by knite

To the people complaining about how they pre-ordered a day or so after pre-orders were available..

..it's been 1 hour and 17 minutes, probably 18 or 19 by the time this post goes up.

Not like it's been an entire day.. give them a while.

Seriously. They're probably running metrics and monitoring the loads pretty carefully as they roll out. An hour at work is NOTHING and they're probably rolling their eyes at everyone who is whining.

Staggering doesn't necessarily mean they'll allow x number of people in at every y (time).

As has been stated, they'll monitor their performance and when they feel like the servers are ready (when two aren't crashing and burning) they'll send out the invites for the next wait.

There's literally no point in complaining unless they just randomly decide to refund everyone their money and delete the game at some point in the next few hours.. not gonna happen. ;p

I think sending out some sort of email to people with a guesstimate would have been great for all of us waiting since 2008 and all.

Starting out on the right foot is always nice and the ability to communicate is so as well.

They could have posted in what order, how far apart the dates are for each wave, or some sort of info so we could at least know around about when to start trying.

Where not going to get ETAs on wave for the same reason we didn't get hard dates when to expect access in the first place.

Biowares doesn't want to get pinned down by giving hard information. It's the reason they didn't give us dates for early access. For the same reason we won't get information telling us how long to expect between waves.

Biowares wants to be able to be able to adapt to the server stress as needed. Giving numbers, like saying the next wave is in an hour, handcuffs them. It builds expectations that may need to be crushed.

People would go crazy if their early access date was for example the 14th and it got pushed back to the 15th. People will go nuts if the next beta wave is in 1 hour and it gets push backed 4 hours.

Keeping the community in the dark, while annoying, gives people less to be angry about, well other than angry about being kept in the dark.

Moral of the story, humans are angry angry creatures.

Well if I go by that I should get in today :cool:

Actually, I think that 900,000 preorders are only counting physical copies purchased in North America.

I'd say the overall figure will easily be over 2 million. I mean, even for the beta weekend, 2.4 million players logged in.

Edited by Raionx

I see the lack of information concerning the access waves as a good thing. It could mean that they are very fluid with the number/frequency of waves based on how well each wave is going. Best case scenario things go better than expected and we all get in earlier than they originally would have "scheduled" us.

But then again, I am the 1%... optimistic.

Staggering doesn't necessarily mean they'll allow x number of people in at every y (time).

As has been stated, they'll monitor their performance and when they feel like the servers are ready (when two aren't crashing and burning) they'll send out the invites for the next wait.

There's literally no point in complaining unless they just randomly decide to refund everyone their money and delete the game at some point in the next few hours.. not gonna happen. ;p

source?

If you say so.

I -do- say so. This site recognizes I registered my CE on 7/22, but also says I didn't register my code until 11/02. I did ALL the registration on the same day, of that I am sure. I know I didn't wait FOUR months to activate my code for early access. I didn't even keep the code after I registered it, so it wouldn't even be possible.

Besides, what would I have to gain by saying that on these forums? Don't be silly.