Amazon Pre-orders Updated

Viciouz

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of those that has a CE on pre-order, and has never had the option for release day shipping (ordered right away on the 21st, I'm in early access right now). Just checked my order, and it is upgraded to release day. I've been checking regularly, so it must have just happened today. I never got an e-mail, so check your orders!

My situation is the same but my order still says Dec 22. I called Amazon about peoples orders auto updating to RDD and the CSR I spoke to had no idea what I was talking about. I'll keep an eye on my order through out the day but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Just go to your amazon order history page, and edit your order. You should see an option for release day delivery. If I remember correctly, it was like $.99.

No, there isn't an option for RDD at all.

Still says 22nd, and EA still messed up by removing the grace period.

And I checked, there isn't.

Amazing how that works, huh?

Don't take what I said the wrong way, I'm not trying to flame at all. Just trying to help some people out.

It's weird that some of us have the option and some of us don't.

Edited by ArrowCool

CE preordered July 21st, without Amazon Prime, and updated to RDD since the last time I checked Friday.

I had also pestered two Amazon reps about not being able to upgrade after finding out there would be no grace period, only stopping at two because the second gave me free one day shipping, so that might be why I've got RDD on a CE preorder without prime.

I was updated to Release Day shipping. I didn't get an email about it, I was just checking up ( as I have been, daily, for some time now ). I clicked edit / confirm, and then received an email about it, confirming my change to Release Day shipping.

If it's offered, it's a great deal, as the shipping cost is only $0.99.

Not sure if all of them did but my pre-order from amazon just updated from a delivery date of the 22 to a delivery date of the 20th!

So all you amazon pre-orders hurry over there and check yours!:cool:

Edit: Sorry i wasnt clear before

I have a CE pre-order from Amazon US and i placed the order on September 2

When i placed the order i did 1 day shipping (i do not have prime) and it said i would get it on the 22nd.

It just auto updated and now says the 20th... I just though people would like to know that.

You got me all excited there for a minute. I'd preorderd my CE from Amazon back on 7/21 and the delivery date with 1 day shipping was listed as 12/22. I just checked and mine hasn't changed. If they hold with the "no grace period" thing I will have a couple of days of downtime. Which shouldn't be a problem what with this whole Christmas thing to occupy myself with!

There was a small window of when you could upgrade CE to RDD. I don't know why people keep arguing that this isn't true. Whatever floats your boat. Unless you upgraded to that delivery in that window, you could not later upgrade to RDD.

I just looked and my CE was changed to RDD now. And yes, this is new as of today. I check the order every day making sure I don't suddenly see a "you're CE has been cancelled" message.

I talked to CS and they said they couldn't offer RDD before because they couldn't gaurantee stock and delivery date because of stock. You could always have RDD for standard copies since the option was there.

I preordered the CE on July 21st, and only had the option of 1 day delivery. I ordered the SE edition for my cousin in August and could switch to RDD.

So the guy shelling out 150 plus dollars still can't get game day delivery, but the person that shells out 50 can? Absolutely ridiculous.... and i still can't switch my original order for the CE to RDD