level 31 Fate of the Jedi quest issue. SPOILERS!

SwiftMike

I don't ever post of forums but I've recently come into a serious issue regarding companions for jedi knight

Spoilers for the quest - when you are boarding the ship, you are forced to use Kira. I even picked the choice in dialog saying I would rather have T7. But you are forced to use Kira, and obviously kira is DPS and Im a Sentinel, so now i'm dying at an unbelievable rate.

yes, im geared fine at level 31, but Kira is not. I never used Kira before because its too hard to quest with her if I have heal after every single mob normally, but im literally stuck now in a position where i'm fighting (what I think is the end of act 1) elite mobs that just do not go down in time.

When t7 was in my group, at least the elite mob would focus him down, and generally about the time he dies, I would have killed the mob.

t7 NEVER did alot of damage and he still dies very fast, but he atleast had a taunt to take away aggro.

Im sure if I keep trying Ill be able to clear this mission eventually, but its frankly not fun constantly dying like this.

Im specced in combat, I understand the tree, Ive tried using my standard Ataru form and Shii-Cho form, its not enough to beat these mobs

Not really well planned tbh, And if you played Guardian you could do this with T7 or Kira.

Just something developers really need to look into.

I don't ever post of forums but I've recently come into a serious issue regarding companions for jedi knight

Spoilers for the quest - when you are boarding the ship, you are forced to use Kira. I even picked the choice in dialog saying I would rather have T7. But you are forced to use Kira, and obviously kira is DPS and Im a Sentinel, so now i'm dying at an unbelievable rate.

yes, im geared fine at level 31, but Kira is not. I never used Kira before because its too hard to quest with her if I have heal after every single mob normally, but im literally stuck now in a position where i'm fighting (what I think is the end of act 1) elite mobs that just do not go down in time.

When t7 was in my group, at least the elite mob would focus him down, and generally about the time he dies, I would have killed the mob.

t7 NEVER did a lot of damage and he still dies very fast, but he at least had a taunt to take away aggro.

Im sure if I keep trying Ill be able to clear this mission eventually, but its frankly not fun constantly dying like this.

Im specced in combat, I understand the tree, Ive tried using my standard Ataru form and Shii-Cho form, its not enough to beat these mobs

Not really well planned tbh, And if you played Guardian you could do this with T7 or Kira.

Just something developers really need to look into.

First off, I have played my sentinel to currently level 45 and until I got Doc I played with no one but kira. It would make a big difference if she was geared up to your level if you are feeling to low for the quest why not try and do some space missions or pvp a little until you level.

First off, I have played my sentinel to currently level 45 and until I got Doc I played with no one but kira. It would make a big difference if she was geared up to your level if you are feeling to low for the quest why not try and do some space missions or pvp a little until you level.

For someone like me whos gone 1-30 with only t7, you would never even think of gearing kira, but now that its forced it makes it impossible to get through this with her even with medpacs

and level wise i was in level range ( 1 level below shouldnt make this big of a difference)

For someone like me whos gone 1-30 with only t7, you would never even think of gearing kira, but now that its forced it makes it impossible to get through this with her even with medpacs

and level wise i was in level range ( 1 level below shouldnt make this big of a difference)

You can be surprised at how much of a difference it can make.

Spoiler warning!!!

I remember doing this quest on my Jedi Guardian, Vigiliance spec and i used Kira only, cause well, i like her attitude and the only real trouble i had (as in, dying repeatedly) was against a certain security chief, which technically 1-shotted several times, granted the first time.

I was surprised by the amount of damage a single ability did to me, the other times i interrupted the abilities, but the basic melee damage that the elite did was WAY over the top in my opinion, i must have died over 8 times against this elite and i was the same level as them.

I managed to kill him, but that was not due to skill on my part, but on sheer luck that he missed on 2 attacks, which allowed me to do the master strike that killed him, the main fight was vastly easier, i would have thought that the main, main would be the toughest to fight, yet it was the security chief.....weird.

Overall, this problem is a result of the jedi knights core problems with survivability, which bioware have announced as viable problems that they are working on.

If Angral causes you trouble just travel back to Republic Fleet and ask some other class player to help you. A jedi healer class around your level should be enough as you will be able to use your companions too in the fight. Just make sure the friend knows to concentrate healing you when you fight and Angral will not be a problem.

[MINOR SPOILER]And you might need that friend again when you travel to Tatooine soon after Angral and have to fight Sith Harrowers. A healer is quite needed there.[/MINOR SPOILER] But don't worry you will get your healer companion soon after that on Balmorra and after that playing Sentinel becomes quite enjoyable even!