Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

I've seen many people saying not to compare this to WoW. This is why you are wrong.

Piratekinq

No I think you are wrong for these reasons.

Lets say you are a new customer and you have $60 in your pocket and you want to play the mmo you think is most fun. It makes perfect sense to compare current swtor with current WoW because thats what you will be playing after purchase. I don't care what Wow was like 7 years ago.

What matters is the experience I have today.

So I ask myself: Why one game is better than the other? What are all my friends playing? What are people saying about this game etc etc. So when I see posters complaining about LFG or server imbalance and things of like nature and then comparing it to wow. They are doing what any rational person would do when thinking about which game provides the better experience.

You guys also seem to be forgetting that WoW is one of many mmo's. SWTOR is competing with lord of the rings, age of conan, rift and its also competing with games that are soon to be released like Guild Wars 2. If you are someone with limited time and money you are well within your rights to compare it with every other game that wants your money especially when the newer ones don't even have subscription costs. The point of this post is to convince you to stop hating on "trolls" and to force Bioware to improve their game by 3 pm tomorrow Eastern Time.

For most players, I would even say the vast majority, WoW is either their first or most recent involvement in the genre. I think the lack of want for comparison is not so much in choosing to play which game but in the playstyle itself; comparing the classes in anything but a very broad sense for example.

No I think you are wrong for these reasons.

Lets say you are a new customer and you have $60 in your pocket and you want to play the mmo you think is most fun. It makes perfect sense to compare current swtor with current WoW because thats what you will be playing after purchase. I don't care what Wow was like 7 years ago.

What matters is the experience I have today.

So I ask myself: Why one game is better than the other? What are all my friends playing? What are people saying about this game etc etc. So when I see posters complaining about LFG or server imbalance and things of like nature and then comparing it to wow. They are doing what any rational person would do when thinking about which game provides the better experience.

You guys also seem to be forgetting that WoW is one of many mmo's. SWTOR is competing with lord of the rings, age of conan, rift and its also competing with games that are soon to be released like Guild Wars 2. If you are someone with limited time and money you are well within your rights to compare it with every other game that wants your money especially when the newer ones don't even have subscription costs. The point of this post is to convince you to stop hating on "trolls" and to force Bioware to improve their game by 3 pm tomorrow Eastern Time.

ROLF, ok here's one for you.

Why buy a new PC when the on that I bought 7 years ago is fully upgraded to the point I can't upgrade it any more. While this new PC that I bought this year can be upgraded.

Do I stay with the old one or get the new one that has a life in front of it and not looking at the trash heap.

I'm not going to read your post intentionally because you made a new thread instead of putting it in the existing thread. I'm normally against all the thread deletion BioWare is doing but this type of thread I'm all for deleting where someone feels like their post is more important than anyone elses so they make a new thread.

Hello all,

We are going to go ahead and close this thread. We ask that threads on the forums are centered around constructive discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

While we understand the need to compare to other games, these are not on topic or constructive discussions regarding Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

We ask that you please see this thread from AllisonBerryman regarding constructive discussion on the forums.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

Thank you.