The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assassins suck

StrifedRevan

assassins are the hardest class to play well as. everyone who QQ's about it is playing it wrong. i get 300k damage medal over 50% of the games im in, while going after objectives. i can 1v1 any class and win 90% of the time. assassins are great if you play them right

I lolled, hardest class to play! Hehe, like.. NO!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just let this necroed thread die. All of the posted builds are null now after the nerf to hybrids.

And seriously, something needs to be done with deception. Darkness does very well still, madness is alright, but I feel useless/underwhelming if I play deception.

I know I'll be switching to darkness and I've seen some other assassin's on our server already do it.

I think one of the problems with our beloved class is the name. People read "Assassin" and think:"wow this is for me, this is the rogue class, laming in stealth and killing low hps." They don't take the time to read about the class to realize that it is nowhere close to the rogue class from the other game i can't remember the name right now :)

I think Assassins, mainly deception needing some tweaks but i don't think they are hopelessly underpowered as the OP stated.

I think one of the main problems is survivability when you have surging or lightning charge active. I could imagine giving Assassins "medium armor" could solve a lot of problems. Like Sith Warriors they could give Inquisitors different armor types, light for Sorcers and medium for assassins.

This is only a thought and i didn't give it any time to do the math on wether it will be too op.

Another thing would be adding a decent opener, for example giving "spike" 2 seconds more duration trough a talent or letting "maul" ignore 100% of armor while used out of stealth.

I would also move the talent "Disjunction" from Darkness to Deception as Darkness is the tank tree and removing movement imparing effects when using orce speed is not something useful for a tank neither is a 2 seconds longer duration on force shroud.

This talent is pure PvP and should be on a T2 talent range so every specc could get it for PvP.

Another thing would be especially for deception; to add a bonus to some talent which increases chance to hit (accurancy) by 5%. Deception Assassins need to be hitcapped, they simply need to as "Maul"-procc, "Shock"-buff from Voltaic Slash are needed to hit otherwise it will result in a heavy loss of dps. Going for the hitcap with PvP-gear although reduces dmg by a lot as you need to focus on Accurancy instead of other stats mainly power and surge.

I think the problem is that Assassin is supposed to be a creative tank, but everyone is trying to play it like a rogue. If you want the 'rogue' class, you have to play IA. Assassin is a tank.

Yeah...the assassin definitly is a tank, not a damage dealer. Stealth and 2 damage trees were just implemented to look nice, not meant to be played. And btw, Mercs can only heakl, juggs can only tank.....

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that assassins do suck in pvp. The dps sucks compared to every other class. I've encountered healers that out dps us. It is least fun to play compared to all other classes

Not sure if serious:confused:

I am doing lvl 50 pvp in basic orange gear with daily mods, implants, and earpiece as deception and have a blast. There are some classes that are harder to kill than others, but even some Cent and Champ geared opponents I can melt through 1v1. If they are similar geared to me (not yet pvp geared) there is absolutely no chance of them getting me 1v1, so far at least. I could just be getting lucky and picking out people that just are not that great in pvp, but this has been pretty consistent. The class is not perfect, but it is not broken by any means.

Just grin and bear it for a couple more patches. Right now we are just fine if you know how to play the class but eventually we will get our buff and the BH's will get their inevitable nerf. And once we get that buff, we will be unstoppable, well, those of us who know how to play the class already...

I actually love the class both tank and madness dps....

Madness screenshots:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o508/ryan49471/Screenshot_2012-03-27_20_46_52_078125.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o508/ryan49471/Screenshot_2012-03-27_22_37_39_390625.jpg

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o508/ryan49471/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-03-26_16_49_02_953125.jpg

They can pull insane damage but you have to understand your class... "pressure damage" not burst you will not burst a good healer but can pressure everyone around the healer so he has to pick if he is going to heal himself or his team.

Right now darkness is one of the best tank specs for pvp.. idk how you can not like it.

Only comparable one is an extremely good juggy in huttball.

Your style of play could be the problem... or you could be wack. Either way roll something else and stop complaining.

There are more than enough assassins to take your spot. And Im not even going to bother arguing with you about utility, because I know a couple assassins on my server that simply run game in WZ.

Yeah...the assassin definitly is a tank, not a damage dealer. Stealth and 2 damage trees were just implemented to look nice, not meant to be played. And btw, Mercs can only heakl, juggs can only tank.....

While I don't necessarily agree with his overall premise his comment about not being a rogue is pretty accurate. But you are right that Sins are not "just a tank".

First off we have probably the lowest burst damage in the game, when I was deception, I would pop all buffs (pvp stim, biochem stims, etc) and could only crit 4k every blue moon (surging charge maxes for around 3k with all buffs popped) we have no real cc, opening rotation out of stealth is pretty pointless besides the barely noticeable force regeneration (spike, 2 second stun and costs 30 force? complete ****)

Stopped reading at this point.

Get some proper gear or learn what your doing... I regularly do 16kish damage in about 6seconds.

Shock and Discharge crit over 4k serveral times every single WarZone. Assassinate as well.

Your issue appears to be PEBKAC if you ask me.

Get some proper gear or learn what your doing... I regularly do 16kish damage in about 6seconds.

Shock and Discharge crit over 4k serveral times every single WarZone. Assassinate as well.

I'm calling bs on this one.

You say you regularly can do 16k in about 6 seconds, but you get only several 4k crits a match? Doing 16k damage on someone in about 6 seconds would entail getting those crits in session. So which is it, several or regularly? I don't doubt you can get 4k crits, what I doubt is you doing 16k in about 6 seconds.

Still, i dont see you doing 4k crits back to back regulsrly. Youre probably when getting those crits doing closer to 10k damage in about 6 seconds with additional damage as the fight prolongs itself. Vid to prove it or it's bs.

Edited by Draeb

I'm calling bs on this one.

You say you regularly can do 16k in about 6 seconds, but you get only several 4k crits a match? Doing 16k damage on someone in about 6 seconds would entail getting those crits in session. So which is it, several or regularly? I don't doubt you can get 4k crits, what I doubt is you doing 16k in about 6 seconds.

Still, i dont see you doing 4k crits back to back regulsrly. Youre probably when getting those crits doing closer to 10k damage in about 6 seconds with additional damage as the fight prolongs itself. Vid to prove it or it's bs.

6 seconds is 4 GCDs, so doing 16K in 6 seconds would require each GCD doing 4K on average.

Of course if you regularly do 16K in 6 seconds that'd mean you regularly kill people in 6 seconds too since a BM DPS has only 17K or so HP. And if you regularly kill people in 6 seconds, you should be regularly wiping out the enemy team by yourself.

maybe you should have started by reading the date this was posted? it was barely 3 weeks past launch. I doubt he hasn't had some significant ug's in playstyle and gear since

I cant solve you the survilability of the assasin but i can help you increase your hits

1, make rakata adrenals (willpower and power)

2. Make matrix cube

3. Take all datacrons (willpower, strength endurance) and the plus 10 from museum

4. Take all BM stalkers gear and change some mods to incease surge up to 75

And critical to 35

Than your average hits would be around k3500-3700 and some up to 4300-4500

Which if r used properly, few can survive

Hope i helped you

What is a good source mods to put into BM without diluting the BM level 58 mods? Rakata I guess? Is that the only source?

the rakata mods should be the exact same. there is a very good enhancement on some champ enforcer gloves for agents you can take though, has power and surge

omg rofl, i cant stop laughing as i read this thread, people here seem to think assassins suck.

im a valor 75 assassin in full battlemaster gear. i litterally cannot lose a 1v1 to any other class in the game, most dont even get me below half, earlier today i won a 3v1 and capped snow in alderaan, assassins are without doubt currently the most overpowered class in the game, and yet for some beyond baffling reason this thread exists.

I CANNOT STOP LAUGHING.

LOL So much QQing

Couldn't agree with you more Atomyc!

I LOVE my assassin and have no idea why anyone would qq. Especially because we aren't getting nerfed in 1.2. I'm guessing the OP isnt privy to the vanish -shroud-sap-seethe to full health in front of their face + use party instigator before assassinating them trick, or any other for that matter :D. Assassins are fun, its a game, calm down!

6 seconds is 4 GCDs, so doing 16K in 6 seconds would require each GCD doing 4K on average.

Of course if you regularly do 16K in 6 seconds that'd mean you regularly kill people in 6 seconds too since a BM DPS has only 17K or so HP. And if you regularly kill people in 6 seconds, you should be regularly wiping out the enemy team by yourself.

I never play deception, but I'm guessing:

Maul+Discharge+Shock+Assasinate = ~16k over 4 GCDs

Double Maul procs are not impossible.

Recklessness ensures Shock+Discharge have a 90% crit chance.

If you pvp all day, once every 2 minutes may seem like this is your "regular" damage output.

But when your temporary buffs are on CD and nothing crits, and the same attack string deals about 6k dmg. That's just sad.

I think the Darkness tree ruins it for the rest of us DPS spec users.

Madness has to spend 27 talent points to get similar self-healing as Darkness' baseline, while using their dedicated stance.

Deception/Madness gets close to nothing from their stance. It's not like they get +150% damage for using their dps stance.

Sure, Discharge changes. Deception gets some nice burst, Madness gets a spammable DoT.

If all 3 specs use DPS gear. If you sum up Damage, Utility, Survivability, then put them on a scale against eachother. Darkness just seem like the better package.

Speccing Darkness you get more Utility, Survivability with next to no loss of damage.

And still, doing about 8k dmg, 8.4% max HP self heal in 3 sec from a tank spec. They can also use Maul and Assasinate. So it's not that their burst is crap either.

I actually love the class both tank and madness dps....

Madness screenshots:

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o508/ryan49471/Screenshot_2012-03-27_20_46_52_078125.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o508/ryan49471/Screenshot_2012-03-27_22_37_39_390625.jpg

http://s1145.photobucket.com/albums/o508/ryan49471/?action=view&current=Screenshot_2012-03-26_16_49_02_953125.jpg

They can pull insane damage but you have to understand your class... "pressure damage" not burst you will not burst a good healer but can pressure everyone around the healer so he has to pick if he is going to heal himself or his team.

Right now darkness is one of the best tank specs for pvp.. idk how you can not like it.

Only comparable one is an extremely good juggy in huttball.

I noticed on your screenshots that you have almost the same people...so you must have been in a group.

As a premade/strong group i think any class will stand out very well.

I agree that assassins suck at anything but tanking. Even tanking after the patch

I'm almost a war hero now. Not much of an accomplishment but I rarely have time to play except on weekends lately.

I've played in full champ gear as madness and deception. Deception the burst is pretty good however you are easily cc and then slaughtered since your so squishy. Madness is abit better but you lose the burst so your unable to kill healers with much success unless you out gear them. If your madness at the very least your able to keep up somewhat with classes that actually can dps. You have little mobility as a melle class. Marauders and juggernauts are far more mobile and better crowd control as well as powertechs if they are advanced prototype.

Either dps spec is easily trumped by either or the pure dps classes in overall utility/dps and most of the otherclasses. Its like they actually thought that stealth was pretty useful in pvp(its not!). Its ok stealing a node from newbies that don't know how to play sometimes.

After the patch I'd give tank juggies the edge in pvp since the self healing is fast which is what you need when your protecting healers that are getting focus fired. They also have superior cc which is great for pealing off your healers. Versus a good team your less than 9% heal lightning and dark charge means nothing. When a good team brings the damage train its pretty useless because you either need tons of heals or none at all.

So there you have it... While I don't think they suck but I think we need some more mobilit and defense(as dps spec!)