Crit or Surge adrenal?

TSLlolz

Hey guys,

I'm just about to craft my lvl 50 reusable Rakata adrenal, but I can't decide which adrenal is more useful for PvP. (deception)

I'm finding, that I crit rather regularly with my normal crit chance and also my Relic gives me +5% chance when I pop it, so not sure if the crit adrenal is the way to go for burst damage, I'm beginning to think the surge adrenal will provide me with more advantage now that I have a stable crit chance on its own.

What are your thoughts about this? (I'd also like to hear your opinion PvE-wise)

Hey guys,

I'm just about to craft my lvl 50 reusable Rakata adrenal, but I can't decide which adrenal is more useful for PvP. (deception)

I'm finding, that I crit rather regularly with my normal crit chance and also my Relic gives me +5% chance when I pop it, so not sure if the crit adrenal is the way to go for burst damage, I'm beginning to think the surge adrenal will provide me with more advantage now that I have a stable crit chance on its own.

What are your thoughts about this? (I'd also like to hear your opinion PvE-wise)

Your relic (pvp?)should also provide surge, and should put you near the soft cap on surge. I think power is actually the best bet.

Your relic (pvp?)should also provide surge, and should put you near the soft cap on surge. I think power is actually the best bet.

I was thinking power also. When i use the non-Rakata surge adrenal it takes me from ~80% to 97% multiplier. Crit raises my crit percent by around ~6%. Power seems consistent and less likely to outgrow the benefits. If not power then I'd go crit as surge didn't seem to cut it.

I find that around 75% is where you start getting into diminishing returns for surge and it's not worth it for more surge whether it's gear or adrenals unless you really want big crits.

Since Reckless is pretty much guaranteed crit I'd stick with Power in the long term since that appears to have no diminishing return of any kind, while Crit effectively does (Reckless pretty much is near 100%).

I find that around 75% is where you start getting into diminishing returns for surge and it's not worth it for more surge whether it's gear or adrenals unless you really want big crits.

Since Reckless is pretty much guaranteed crit I'd stick with Power in the long term since that appears to have no diminishing return of any kind, while Crit effectively does (Reckless pretty much is near 100%).

what does diminishing return mean in stats? I know what it means with stuns, but what exactly does surges diminishing return mean?

and doesn't reckless only apply to force based attacks? so not the melees

and also when should I stop stacking crit?

Surge supposedly maxes at 99% no matter how much you have. I have 150 surge that gives me a 75% modifier, but if I use my relic which gives me another 150, I only have a 86% modifier. So if you have already a 75% modifier, the most you can go to is 99%. Assuming you crit every hit somehow, that's 1.75 mod to 1.99, and that's about a 14% DPS gain. Comparatively, using a Rakata Power Adrenal, my force lightning goes from 2378 to 2789 from tool tip, which is about a 20% DPS increase, and the surge scenario is done using the unrealistic assumption that you'd have crit every hit while you use the surge adrenal. Therefore the Power stim will always output more total DPS than the Surge stim assuming your surge mod is at 75%. Of course there's value in getting a 1.99 modifier for burst but it's not as big as it appears.

For crit adrenal, I don't have one so I don't know what % increase it offers. Recklessness only gives +crit to Force, but Shock is pretty much a staple attack for any build, and 30m Force Lightning is great for PvP. Surging Charge discharge is another good candidate to use a charge of Recklessness.

Edited by Astarica