Disappointment in Ch. 1 SI ending. (Major Spoiler!)

TheSwamper

*NOTE: MAJOR SPOILER AHEAD!

When you finally go to confront Darth Zash, you have been given enough warning that she is going to betray you that a blind and deaf person would know it. That's not my issue.

What I hated was being railroaded into taking Khem with me into the final instance. I hadn't used this companion in many levels, nor had I bothered to keep him geared up. Revel was much more useful.

More to the point, it was painfully obvious to take a non-force damage dealer with me for the confrontation. But when I entered that instance Revel vanished and you're only allowed to summon Khem.

So, my epic battle with Zash boiled down to me spam healing him and tossing the occasional DoT for about 6 or 7 minutes.

The wrap up was enjoyable, getting my own group of followers, and I loved BW's storylines in general. But using Khem for the last fight was clearly not the correct strategy, and it annoyed me to be forced into it. Now that it's over, Khem will go back to his bench-sitting ways.

the story will keep going down hill from there just to warn you now the only good part from then on is taris and the story does a cop out and make that whole thing moot anyway. ; /

Yep. I enjoy the class for its mechanics and available roles, but the story takes a serious nosedive after Act I. Sadly, they gave the class to a very junior writer with no previous publication history in the Star Wars universe, and it shows.