best gameplay = 1 button?

theMornox

I only have about 7 main dps abilities as well as a Veng Juggernaut, one of the hardest classes in the game to play. All my ability bloat comes from filler abilities such as ravage and force choke, and from my 8 billion situational and utility abilities.

So maybe Mercs just need more utility abilities.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

I only have about 7 main dps abilities as well as a Veng Juggernaut, one of the hardest classes in the game to play. All my ability bloat comes from filler abilities such as ravage and force choke, and from my 8 billion situational and utility abilities.

So maybe Mercs just need more utility abilities.

Rule of thumb: when one thing works but another one doesn't, don't achieve balance by screwing up the thing that works, instead fix the one that doesn't work.

Jugg has too much bloat? Well sorry for you but that doesn't mean we need to bloat every other class, it's jugg that has a problem not the other way around :)

Edited by Demorase

I love the QQ of people who are too stupid to understand how the class works with regards to TM. I also love when they QQ because they were too stupid to interrupt the cast. Anyone complaining about TM is bad at PvP and fails at understanding the class.

Hi! My name's Sith Sorceror, and I spam Force Lightning in Warzones and win!

BH's have much more going on than Sorcs. Seriously-You can be effective by shielding yourself, then spamming Force Lightning until they're dead or you die.

BH's are fine.

Merc can be played in a very dumb fashion yeah (spamming 1 button endlessly) but it's not an effective way of playing it. So the class does take some skill to be good at.

FYI, the more you spamm an attack the more heat you generate, the higher your heat the slower your heat vents. So the most effective way of playing a merc is by staying at low heat by alternating between the harder hitting skills but less heat efficient and the less powerful skills that are more heat efficient.

I like the gameplay, and you can tell a bad merc from a good one miles away by just looking at their heat management.

But that's the thing, saying it's ineffective doesn't make it so. It's easy to top 300k damage just spamming tracer missile.

Hi! My name's Sith Sorceror, and I spam Force Lightning in Warzones and win!

BH's have much more going on than Sorcs. Seriously-You can be effective by shielding yourself, then spamming Force Lightning until they're dead or you die.

BH's are fine.

But you're supposed to DoT people with death mark from death field and use wrath procs for instacast chain lightnings and and crushing darknesses.

These things significantly impact your damage and allow for significant mobility when not firing force lightning. Unload, rail shot and heatseeker do not deal significantly more or less damage per activation time than tracer missiles. They provide significantly different damage per heat (which is why it's so important to exploit them in PvE) but PvP is a bit more about blowing your load all at once.

Edited by krameriffic

i observe your higher rank mercenaries from the perspective of a guardian and i am aware the most successful mercenaries stand in the crowd and hit 1 button... is there likely to be a change about that? i mean i dont care about tracer missile dmg or whatever, it just bothers me to see that your most EFFECTIVE gameplay seems to be based on one single button with very slight adaptions. i guess its not that funny for you as well isnt it?

Let me paraphrase

"My bottom is now so sore from all the spanking i've been taking in PVP, that rather than continue to play and get better at what my prof does, i'll just whine for a nerf on the forums"