The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

24/15/2 Iron fist build

Rabbitofdoom

Combust strikes me as pve boss talent. If the debuff stacked I could see it's situation value in pvp.

I'm on the fence with Prototype Burn Enhancers. It's a no brainer for pve, myself I don't use much fire in pvp. If I'm surrounded I'll spam Flame Sweep as I go down. Other than that fire just doesn't get used much by me.

I would take those 3 points and put them in some combination of Ion Screen, Rebraced Armor. Boring talents I know. Big fan of being as hard to kill as possible.

Really I see ion screen as a pve boss talent because it doesn't require you to use a skill and waste heat to gain 2% dmg decrease. Reason I think combust is more of a pvp talent is mainly because of huttball. If you got gaurd on FC and there are tons of ppl beating on him jump in flamesweep bam all debuffed -2% dmg. And also because it saves 1 point from ion screen that u can either leave there or put somewhere else

Ion gas damage is pathetic. Only points worth puting in to it are ones improving its utility.

Base dot duration is long enough to apply a rail shot and a retractable blade dot.

The ion screen coment is a valid point. I am moving those points to get 4% damage debuff.

Flame burst is a basic spamable attack against any thing that uses meele. It can be used on the move it has more range than 90% of meele moves. I am always trying to not get below 4m unless rocket fist is off cd or i want to refresh retractable blade dot. Its considered fire attack and ignores armor.

Edited by Rabbitofdoom

Yeah makes sense I'm only lvl 40 and have lvld as a pure tank spec so when I saw the carolina parakeet. And looked to see what it did for my play style didn't fit and then came up with a similar build to this iron fist and then low and be hold came on the forums and saw this spec. So I am very interested in trying this out as I will be concentrating more on pvp.

I'm just a casual player so pardon if I sound silly. Would this be viable for PvE leveling as well? I'm L33 atm and I intend to be tanking HMs at 50.

Edit: I was following Parakeet's build and I really enjoy the RS spam. However it doesn't seem like a good choice for leveling - imo!

Edited by tehweebl

Well another update. Moved those points from iron fist in to flame barrage to test another sugestion. Unfortunatly the free punch buff proc rate is simply to low on flame burst to validate such big burst reduction. 8% is only on paper considering synergy its almost 15% dmage increas on rocket punch dps.

Aprox 20% base crit ,+30% from flame shield(i am almost 100% sure this increase ignores any crit rating soft cap if it exists), 15% increase from 5/5 combat tech. 65% base crit rate. To it we can add 30% surge bonus from surging flames bosting base value to 80%.

Another update..

Yesterday in new round of tests moved 1 point from shield vents in to hot iron making it 23/16/2. I was expecting a higer impact on heat managment but it seems to stay at about same lvl. This is propably the final version how i would see this build.